Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Nov 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Was going to say Sports is half price at £15 at the moment (nice as although it’s an 18 month offer it’s a rolling monthly contract ) as is Cinema at £9.50 instead of £19.

Biggest bargain is Ultimate on Demand though Boxsets and Netflix for £6 so cheaper than Netflix alone.( if you already have Netflix you can migrate your existing account too) Boxsets alone is £2.50

Do make sure you signed up for VIP new or old customer ...it’s free and comes with a Sky Store voucher just for joining as well as getting you other discounts like big saving on the soundbox (which is a lovely bit of kit , knocks spots off our old sound bars ) free show and sports tickets, and for long time customers 1tb box plus mini for £20 installation ... oh multi screen sub is half price atm too £6.50 instead of £13.

Yes I’m bored atm ,and missing out on lots of sales as stuck in bed with a nasty vertigo attack. Not great as OH is off work too after an op on his hand . So I’m staggering around like a drunken sailor and he only has one free arm to catch me <sigh>
Oh no poor you! Hope you both recover quickly
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Sky Q 2TB Box plus 1 mini box, Multiroom, Ultra HD, Entertainment, Cinema, Box sets, Catchup, Netflix plus All Sports channels (only wanted to keep F1 that we already had but it was £18 for that & £15 for All Sports !) No Engineers fitting fee, £20 admin fee removed all for £57.50. For 18 months from it going live.
I accepted it but said it was up to DH, so during the 14 day cool off period I may ring again & say he wants me to see if we can get that price down a bit
Only downside no Engineers available to fit till 6th January but advised to ring every few days to see if there had been any cancellations for us to be fitted in before then.
Tried Sky Chat for a neighbour yesterday.
Sky TV £22 + Sky Cinema £11 + Sky Sports £11 + Sky Boxsets £5 + Sky Q Experience £5. Total £54.
Includes Sky 2TB + 1 Mini + Installation £20. 18 month contract (Discount fixed not subscription so will increase.)

Ended chat.

Went straight back on.

Told them we saw TV advert 50% off Sky packages, asked for their best price.
Sky TV £11 + Sky Cinema £11 + Sky Sports £11 + Sky Boxsets £3 + Sky Q Experience £4. Total £40.
Includes Sky 2TB + 1 Mini + Installation £20. 18 month contract (Discount fixed not subscription so will increase.)

Told them we wouldn't pay for installation. Told them we wanted subscription fixed not the discount level. Asked if they could do it cheaper ?
They said they can't do free installation, they can't offer fixed price contracts, can't do it cheaper.

Ended chat.

Tried a few hours later.
They agreed same deal, free installation, fixed subscription for 18 months. Unable to discount further.
Could reduce monthly subscription if they fit new Sky 1TB + no Mini. Different Q only just available. We need 2TB so not an option.

Ended chat.

Best they can do for what we want is £40. Fixed for 18 months. Free Installation.
(No Netflix).

The Wizard, keep pushing on chat for an earlier installation date, and try and get a little more discount. Once you go beyond your cooling off 14 days they won't be as motivated to help so do it before then.
Use chat to save your phone bill.

Take pictures of all chats.

Your deal is pretty good tbf.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Hope you & your DH are better soon Duchy. Yes I signed up for VIP when Mr. Tom said it was worth doing & DH is a Diamond member (Black Card). Still havent picked a film we want tho. I will have a look at the Soundbar as I know thats on his VIP thingy.

Pino_Spetzberg, I had all the stuff, you had previously told me, printed off and to hand when I went on & the first guy I spoke to made me a starting offer which I said no forget it please cancel for me (knowing he could not actually do it) & he passed me on to see if one of his other 'colleagues' could help me.
I'm not sure of '(Discount fixed not subscription so will increase'.) What should I be looking for in my e-mails please as I don't want it going up during the 18 months. Will it say 18 month DiSCOUNT FIXED NOT subscription on the emails? If it does is that what I want? If it looks like its subscription I have I can use that to go back and do a bit more bargaining cant I?
Again thank you for your help.

Edited at 06:03 PM.
THE WIZARD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Every time I have fixed my contract for a new period I have got the package prices for each item fixed.
But when Sky implement their annual increases I end up keeping the discounted prices but they do charge me the percentage increase.

I can live with that as we are talking no more than maybe £1.50 max per month, normally less.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Every time I have fixed my contract for a new period I have got the package prices for each item fixed.
But when Sky implement their annual increases I end up keeping the discounted prices but they do charge me the percentage increase.

I can live with that as we are talking no more than maybe £1.50 max per month, normally less.
I will check my emails Mr. Tom to make sure I have got the prices fixed for the life of the contract then.
Old 23 Nov 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
I'm not sure of '(Discount fixed not subscription so will increase'.) What should I be looking for in my e-mails please as I don't want it going up during the 18 months. Will it say 18 month DiSCOUNT FIXED NOT subscription on the emails? If it does is that what I want? If it looks like its subscription I have I can use that to go back and do a bit more bargaining cant I?
I only found out my monthly subscription could increase when I received a letter telling me it was going up.
At that point I contacted Sky on their chat to complain I was assured my subscription payment was fixed for 18 months*.
Sky initially denied any of their contracts are ever fixed prices or fixed terms.
Sky said I would have been told the level of discount was fixed (eg 20% off subscription) but that the actual subscription cost on my bill could or would vary.

In other words, say my monthly subscription package retail amount was £50 and I signed up to an offer of 18 months at £40 fixed for 18 months. Sky were arguing they could increase my monthly subscription package retail amount to £54 and MY monthly subscription payment would reduce by the same level of discount as before eg 20%, making my bill £43.20.

This is not what I was offered.
I was told my monthly subscription payment would be fixed for 18 months.

I told them I could forward photos of my chat conversation to prove this was what was agreed.

Sky then referred me to their terms and conditions which clearly state they are entitled to increase the cost of Sky TV by up to 10% within the contract term.

From T&Cs
"Prices and services may vary, including during the minimum term. We will let you know about any material changes and your options before we make them.
• In your minimum term, Sky TV prices may increase by up to 10% of the standard price once every 12 months. These limits do not apply to other Sky services."

They were arguing my monthly subscription payment was not fixed because the 'Entertainment Pack' or 'HD Pack' or 'Sky TV' whatever they preferred to call it was allowed to be increased under the terms of the contract.

Therefore regardless whatever offer a customer signs up to, they can increase the cost of the 'Sky TV' component by up to 10%. Then apply an agreed discount level to the overall bill eg 20% off.

From T&Cs
"Please note, all payments referred to are monthly subscription costs. If you've taken up a special offer, the Terms and Conditions for that offer override the relevant product or service standard Terms and Conditions."

Eventually Sky clarified they have two separate offers. A fixed discount contract, and a fixed price subscription contract.

Sky agreed my monthly bill would be fixed for 18 months as I had received a special offer.

In fairness, after much time spent on chat Sky reduced my bill to less than I was happy paying before they tried to increase it.

*My original contract specified SKY Sports F1HD offer was fixed for 12 months not 18 months. I accepted that could be increased.
The revised contract specified my SKY Sports F1HD is now fixed for 18 months.

The WIZARD, if your confirmation e-mail has...

• 12 months Sky Sports Subscription Discounted

That confirms your Sky Sports Subscription is discounted but does not confirm your subscription amount is fixed.
In other words if Sky increase the cost of the Sky Sports Subscription you will pay the new increased cost - less the agreed discount.

Go on Sky chat to clarify.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Legally, I believe Sky are within their rights to advertise ' Sky Sports 50% Off for 18 months' or 'Sky Cinema 50% Off for 18 months', and then increase the monthly Sky bill.

Their argument that the offer is a 50% discount off sports or movies stands.
Sky are applying an increase to the Sky TV component not the sports or movies.
Further, they are advertising the discount not the actual cost.
A fixed price offer for a fixed term is different, but most of their advertising does not state that.
Old 24 Nov 19, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I will print your info off, again, Pino and study it to understand it completely b4 I read my contracts & ri g them if needs be. Thank you again for your help. Is there an easy way gi find the where the 'chat' section comes up. I tried finding that b4 I rang them yesterday to no avail.
Old 24 Nov 19, 02:03 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post

It’s capped at 10% for TV , most increases are nothing like that much though from what I saw last April taking calls about the increase.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 02:07 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
Legally, I believe Sky are within their rights to advertise ' Sky Sports 50% Off for 18 months' or 'Sky Cinema 50% Off for 18 months', and then increase the monthly Sky bill.

Their argument that the offer is a 50% discount off sports or movies stands.
Sky are applying an increase to the Sky TV component not the sports or movies.
Further, they are advertising the discount not the actual cost.
A fixed price offer for a fixed term is different, but most of their advertising does not state that.
If you have sports at 50% off and the current price is £30 you.ll pay £15 ... if the price increase is £1 ... your increase on sports would be 50p. The different bolt on packages increase not just the base pack... so you might see an increase of say £1 on your entertainment pack as well as on each of your bolt ons like HD, UoD Sports etc.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List