Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 23 Dec 19, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
We did ours yesterday at Tesco. Was busy but not as busy as normal as weather was awful so I think that kept some people at home!
My best Christmas shop ever - came to £160 but then reduced by 10% for Tesco clubcard extra, £50 worth of reward vouchers from work and £65 of Tesco club card vouchers. Ended up paying £30! Very happy with that
That’s a great shop 👍🏻
I am using my 10% off tomorrow too.
I am not using my vouchers though because we are hoping to triple up for a universal hotel in 2021, I think I can book around March
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

I went yesterday
Not doing the dinner this year so didn’t need to buy for that, just mainly bits to tide us over til after Boxing Day and party food/snack bits. I don’t like to cook big teas the days coming up to Christmas as often feels like an overload of food plus we go out for tea Xmas eve so no cooking there.
Will go shopping again after Boxing Day for a top up of stuff.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

We went Sunday morning. Off to Tesco for 10:30 where we had to search for a parking space. The store was very busy but well stocked and we scanned as we went along so no queuing to check out. I did have a few palpitations but that was because I gave DH the job of pushing the trolley and putting stuff in the bags whilst I scanned and crossed off the list. Every time he got something from the shelf instead of showing me the bar code to scan he showed me the picture on the front! I must have said about 15 times in the shop that I need the barcode not the front of the item! We left just at the right time as people were queuing to get on the car park and people were stalking spaces. DH said he felt guilty as I went to get the coffees (it's inside Tesco as we were early for our next collection) and he took the shopping back to the car and someone saw him heading to the car and waited for his space and was quite put out when he said he wasn't going yet.

We have DH's family coming for a Boxing Day buffet so I have already got a freezer full of party food from M&S as bought last week.

I had ordered turkey, pigs in blankets, millionaires dessert, gravy and a few other bits from M & S (oh, not forgetting a Christmas Colin the Caterpillar). It's a good store as its a separate M&S Food on a retail park so no issue with parking. The collection desk was well organised and there were staff by the doors directing you where to go and we were served straight away. The store was really really busy and the queues for the check outs were about 12 long. We were smug that we had avoided them but then when the woman brought out our shopping she said that she couldn't take payment at that desk and we had to go to the normal check out We only had a basket full and I noticed that the scan it yourself till had no queue so we went there. The staff member there sorted us out as we had paid £30 deposit so were not sure what to do. She scanned the shopping whilst we packed and we were done and dusted in about 10 minutes in all. She said when she scanned Colin that they were like gold in the store that day. Not sure why people were standing in big queues when some had baskets but I guess either they didn't realise or like to be served rather than scan it yourself.

All done after a bit of fridge jenga and DD warned whilst she is home today not to eat anything in the fridge that looks nice as that is for Christmas!
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Been and come back already, first in queue for M&S click and collect, which opened at 8 (the shop opened at 7 apparently). Straight round to Tesco where I was also first in the queue for C&C. Well pleased... off to work shortly
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mobile

All done in Asda, wasnt any worse than normal morning thakfully!
Old 23 Dec 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We Did Aldi then Asda, neither were busy this morning.
ONly thing we haven’t got is a ham , I’m working tomorrow so that’s OH’s job as he told me the Aldi one was too expensive and we’d get it in ASDA (who had none).
Just grateful I got my hours changed as I was down to work 2pm to 11pm (evening would have dragged as quiet but with extra drunks calling in) to 10am to 7pm
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Off to Tesco straight from my night shift tomorrow morning to pick up our fresh items. Not too much to buy. I'm working Xmas night after lunch at my brother's. My daughter's and I are all working Boxing Day so I don't think we will be needing loads. We are having our own Xmas dinner on Sunday and I have everything we need for that. Bought too much last year and wasted a lot of it.
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Well I survived my Tesco shop lol
My bank balance didn’t though 😫
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

I need to leave work and have a few things to get. Some breakfast things from local butcher then to M&S to collect our order around 1630 and then on to Asda and the Next in the retail park to finish up. Just for some beer really and to collect a gift for DH at Next. Fingers crossed although I am not certain it will work out the way i want. Get to work from home tomorrow for the morning so thats not too bad either.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Was all done and dusted by 9/30 this morning
DH is off delivering the last of the Christmas cards and a couple of gifts
I’ve just made shortbread and Madeira cake so we are sorted just table to set and prep as much as possible tomorrow
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List