Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 27 Feb 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by FindingMerida View Post
I've seen a lot of people have this problem today. Most saying they had to phone up to book in the end.

We used a US travel agent to do our booking today.
On the plus side, they did mention my placeholder on the phone so I know it won’t be an issue when it does come to that! We’re just doing one of the shorter Caribbean ones which I’m guessing will probably be less popular than some of the Iceland or Alaska ones
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Alba20
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I’m tempted to book the Eastern on Fantasy for 21/8.

Just not sure whether to book now or wait until we’re onboard this summer as we don’t have a placeholder.

I’m sure I looked into reshooting onboard last year but now cant remember why we didn’t do it.
We booked that one on Tuesday. It was a really good price for a 7 night Fantasy compared to recent prices I’ve seen. There’s a cruise group up and running to 😃
2018 Dubai, Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, B2B Disney Cruise
2019 California Tour & Disneyland, DCL Med Cruise, Dubai, New York
Alba20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
OP, did you book?

I booked the 10 night Northern European cruise on the Magic today. It was actually cheaper than the 8 night cruise, which was a pleasant surprise. So excited! 😆
We’ve booked this one too. The guy on the phone laughed that we’d stretched our placeholder as far as possible. Mustn’t let it distract from this years Florida planning
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Alba20 View Post
We booked that one on Tuesday. It was a really good price for a 7 night Fantasy compared to recent prices I’ve seen. There’s a cruise group up and running to 😃
I was having a quick look earlier, and that 21/8 7-nighter on the Fantasy is a fair bit cheaper than dates either side.

I then though I'd compare like-for-like 2020 v 2021, expecting 2020 prices to be far higher across the board now, but a 7-nighter on the Fantasy on 1/8/20 is a LOT cheaper than the same cruise on 31/7/21 next year.

For my group of 2 adults + 2 kids (10/17) it is showing as £5,957 for a verandah room this year, and £7,218 for 2021.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
lollina
Excited about Disney

I've got a hold on a 7 night Western Caribean on the Fantasy, cat 7a obstructed verandah, 2 adults and 1 child, £3771, thought that was a bargain and we can have 10 days or so at Disney World before hand and be back in time for school starting!
So wish I had done a placeholder on our last one though, thought we wouldn't use it within 2 years, husbands fault!
Old 28 Feb 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I was able to get in this morning before general release in the end. We’re just doing a 4 day Bahamas, but very pleased I got one of the 8a “mini suite style” rooms for the trip at only a fraction more than the cheapest rooms 😀. Oh, and check out what prices may be if we do Alaska in 2022...

Roll on free dining in April to book the next part
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

Have booked an extended veranda on a 4 day cruise on the dream in August. Had about 3 cruises reserved but made my decision this morning.
Old 29 Feb 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
Have booked an extended veranda on a 4 day cruise on the dream in August. Had about 3 cruises reserved but made my decision this morning.
Not the 30th by chance? 😀
Old 29 Feb 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsmickey View Post
Not the 30th by chance? 😀
No it’s the 4 day before on 23rd. The 30th would have been too late for us to get back to school. My eldest starts high school at the beginning of sept (term dates not yet released) so we couldn’t rock booking the later one.
Old 29 Feb 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Ah, our schools go back a bit later than most, so we can fly back on the Friday and it’s back to school on monday