Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 2 Apr 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile Canada Planning - Niagara, Toronto and where?

I’m starting to plan for next year as for obvious reasons I doubt we’ll get away this summer.

A thought I kind of have in my head is fly to New York, then drive to Niagara and have a couple of days there. Then head to Toronto for a week? Is that too long? We’d like to have a third stop as well, any recommendations on places to go, stay or must do’s in those areas?

Thank you!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

We flew into New York, spent 5 days there, then flew to Toronto and spent 5 days there.

We went by coach between Toronto and Niagara but it's easy enough to hire a car and drive if you prefer. You can easily do just Niagara Falls on one day I think, but a night or two there would be better so you don't have to rush as much. The town of Niagara on the Lake, about 20 mins drive away from the falls, is lovely. I'd definitely recommend viewing the falls from the Canadian side rather than the US side.

Lots to do in Toronto itself. A week would be fine, there's lots we didn't get around to see. Some stuff you can do in Toronto off the top of my head: the CN Tower, boat around the Toronto Islands, Casa Loma, the Distillery District, baseball at the Skydome/Rogers centre.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
We've got Toronto booked for October this year. I'm hoping it goes ahead. We have 4 nights in Toronto and 1 in Niagara. I'd read advice that Niagara only needs a day trip, but I kind of liked the idea of having a falls view room and so that's what we've gone for.

I'm keen to see what others advise. Good luck with your plans

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
welovemushu
Very Serious Dibber

I recommend the pass for Niagara which gives access to a number of attractions and use of the buses to travel between them we really used them well including a ride up to niagara on the lake with a stop off at a winery too ! We did all the major attractions and found it good value and we also did a few things we might not have bothered with if not included hth Jan
welovemushu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
welovemushu
Very Serious Dibber

Also, depending on your hotel in Toronto you can get discounts for attractions there. We stayed a t the Chelsea and went to the casa Loma and got a good discount there by showing our Chelsea room key x book in advance for the restaurant at the top of the CN tower as you get instant access when the queue was hhuuugeee and meal up there was expensive but absolutely lovely x

Edited at 06:41 PM.
welovemushu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Montreal is fantastic if you have time.
Old 6 Apr 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Celica190
Imagineer

We had 5 nights in Toronto, 3 in Niagara, 1 in Kingston, 3 in Montreal and 3 in Ottawa last September. Enjoyed all locations tbh.

1996 Days Inn Universal 1999, 2003 & 2005 Quality Inn International 2007 and 2011 Bahama Bay Resort
Celica190 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We’re booked for sept and was in the middle of planning when this all happened, was so excited but now we’ll just have to wait and see 😢
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We did 4 weeks
Flew into Toronto had 3 nights there
Niagara 2 nights
Then into usa- stayed in Syracuse for a few nights- then onto the east coast and stayed in portmouth for a week, then a night somewhere (can’t remember the name) on the way back into Canada. Then spent a week in a lodge on the lake. We had a fantastic time
Old 12 Apr 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We went to Canada in 2016. We flew to Toronto and had a few days there. Picked up hire car and drove to Niagara. Had one night there which was enough to do the main sights. We bought a pass that included the main ones. We then drove up to Montreal, long 8 hour drive along one motorway! But almost no traffic! Then had a couple of day’s there. Then we drove to Blue mountains. Long 10 hour drive but very interesting passing through lots of tiny towns. Pretty much one straight road! We had a week in Blue Mountaibs, hired a stunning condo in the main resort. Lots to do there, zip wires, and other outdoors stuff! Nice places to visit near by too.
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List