Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Apr 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
Mick, was your booking for a future date?

Thanks
Jill
Yes it was for next Monday 20th for 4 weeks. I felt confident cancelling as I'd just had my VS email cancelling the flight

Mick
Old 17 Apr 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d previously tried to cancel and couldn’t online so sent an email. Awaited refund, then email just now saying go online and cancel yourself!
Oh well at least it’s done now
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Yes it was for next Monday 20th for 4 weeks. I felt confident cancelling as I'd just had my VS email cancelling the flight

Mick
Thanks, I think my request may possibly have been lost in the system change then. As my booking date has passed it looks like I may have to end up calling

It's the only thing left to refund now and just want to move on, until the next one

Jill

UPDATE

Just called, answered straight away. I had sent my cancellation request to a different email address to the one they are now using but told it had been received and that it was processing and money would be returned within the next 7 days.

Edited at 01:19 PM.
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Canoeing fairy
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Thank you for all the replies. I have been online and cancelled now. Hopefully it will not take too long to receive the funds.
Canoeing fairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Quick heads up

Today I received my parking refund from Gatwick Official Parking.

I had tried to cancel, sent the email, received the notification that you can now cancel online and today the money was on the CC.

Hope this helps
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Quick heads up

Today I received my parking refund from Gatwick Official Parking.

I had tried to cancel, sent the email, received the notification that you can now cancel online and today the money was on the CC.

Hope this helps
So did I appeared overnight on my CC balance

Mick
Old 18 Apr 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

So did I appeared overnight on my CC balance

Mick
Yay, so maybe the log jam has lifted.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Yay, so maybe the log jam has lifted.
But obviously not the same log jam that Virgin Atlantic are going to experience for 90 days. Isn't it odd that some Dibbers have had refunds from BA already even though they carry around nine times as many pax as VS do. Glad I paid VS with a CC though - just like I did with TC

I will be patient though

Mick
Old 18 Apr 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

But obviously not the same log jam that Virgin Atlantic are going to experience for 90 days. Isn't it odd that some Dibbers have had refunds from BA already even though they carry around nine times as many pax as VS do. Glad I paid VS with a CC though - just like I did with TC

I will be patient though

Mick
I use BA, just my choice, have been silver for many years. However, I do think that BAhas responded well to the refund issue. I have dealt with them on the phone and they have been polite, helpful and refunded me.

I am aware there has been issues with them and other airlines regarding repatriations but I have no experience of that.
Old 18 Apr 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Susanjane
slightly serious Dibber

Just to also update as others above. I cancelled online early hours Wednesday morning and was credited last night, so they do seem to be crediting very quickly.
Orlando 1997, Necker Island 1997, Orlando 2002 & 2004, Fort Lauderdale 2006, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando 2007, Orlando 2009, California and San Francisco 2012, Orlando 2013, Orlando and Fort Lauderdale 2015, New York 2016, Orlando 2016, Orlando 2017, Orlando and New York 2018, Orlando 2018 (again), Orlando 2019 x 2
Susanjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List