Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Apr 20, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
:) Going Out in a Blaze of Glory - Summer of Sorcery 2019 - DAY 14 - The Kingdom of free parking!.

Welcome back - you made it...I hoped you would!

If you are a first time reader - it might be worth clicking on here to understand a little bit about me posting the rest of this report.

If you missed days 12 and 13 they can be read here

If you missed anything that went before the whole index and links to all of the previous shenanigans is just a click here away.

Stay safe and thanks for reading

After two days off I think you know what is coming next!

Welcome to Day 14 - Tuesday 6th August

After a late night last night, it was a pool morning and some breakfast before we headed out today.

Well that's if you can call a Kraft Mac and Cheese breakfast!

Refreshed by two whole days out of the parks, which was possibly a first for us, we were all eager to get back into the parks and what better way to do it than by heading back to Magic Kingdom.

We had arranged to meet Neil and did a swap in the passenger seat in order to make use of Karen’s annual pass. Free parking is very much welcomed- big thanks to them for that.
Always a reason to upgrade to an annual pass and having provided free car parking for them in the past this was a favour being shared once again

We walked from the car park to the TTC -with the tram loop being reconfigured it was easier to walk and took less time too! The tram was now dropping off before the tunnel at the TTC and so was a bit of a waste of time waiting for a tram.

It will be interesting to see how this work turns out in the future. If it is anything like the improvements to the Studios then it can only mean a better start to a MK day.

We skuttled through the security bag search as the gathering clouds burst. The rain meant everyone lingered under the shelter at security and also at the ticket window- with many calls /shouts/ yells to keep the area clear- you did begin to wonder where we were expected to go with the rain torrential at the time - I did have the cynical thought that shelter from a storm would be a revenue possibility for the future! Don't tell Disney though!

We monorailed into the park and having already done bag check made a dash to scan our bands, not before Neil was asked to put his umbrella down for the time it took to scan his band!

No idea why but rules are rules and the CM was going to ensure that the umbrella was folder up - maybe she thought Jiminey Cricket was being smuggled in!

We bode farewell and headed off to explore- our first fast pass was still rained out so went to Monsters inc Laugh floor, where we enjoyed the show and stayed out of the rain.

Always Watching!

Then we headed to the Peoplemover and the recognition that Tron is coming soon!

When compared with Astro Orbiters and the news today that Primeval Whirl will not open until late October at the earliest, you sensed the change once again that surrounds every single park.

Closed at the time and thankfully now reopened fully - unlike Primeval Whirl which is now only open seasonally.

Today in MK you just needed more indoor rides- the earlier storm had meant for some incredulous fast pass queues.
Space Mountain viewed from the people mover.

We headed to Big Thunder Mountain and thought we would find the same, we did, but it moved rapidly and once enjoyed we decided to chance our arm at Splash Mountain reopening- we were not alone, but we were at the front of the fast pass line!

We lingered for 15 minutes before the guy in the Disney suit turned up to dissipate the fast pass and standby queue.
A sign they really were close to reopening, but we knew our FP here was now good for the rest of the day, our Space Mountain one needed using.

We walked across and just had a look in the Emporium just in case they decided to stock any decent merchandise this year, even the gift card never got an outing!

So space Mountain it was then!

The fast pass queue in here was queued down close to the entrance and when we reached the second scanning point we headed left- now this is usually a great time to compare the two sides of Space Mountain, you get told that both sides are identical, yet the left side just appears that little bit quicker and certainly you feel as if it has much tighter turns, but it certainly was enjoyed.
A quick toilet stop for others meant I could go and see this guy!

Has to be done!

As we walked towards the hub , we once more noticed that the CM was offering the photo opportunity with the panoramic and interactive shot of the castle – time for a quick message to The Reetsers. We managed to get a photo all together.

I know I said I would come back to this photo once again - so if you are a regular reader you will have seen this before and knowing how many times it has been view on you tube recently , worth sharing a bit of info.

You need to look for a Photopass person with an Ipad - pictured here by mistake so they retook the photo ( left hand side , not hiding behind the tree)

The result is stunning and an amazing pice of photography that really does make this a shot worth seeking out.

It turns into this video shot

As we headed into the hub and sharing our goodbyes again, we noticed a rather smartly dressed photopass photographer ( She was wearing a smart work suit , yet was taking the photos as the move it shake it parade made its way into view and readied itself to return down Main Street - she was determined to get a shot and despite the Parade Marshalls attempts, she told us to hold the pose for as long as possible – she had an idea of what she wanted to photograph and as a keen photographer , that was refreshing to see, the standard of Photopass pics has shown a considerable downturn in the past few years and this was just like old times, with a photographer who was determined to take a photo she had visualised.

You do need to look closely but from a holiday group photo she was determined for our picture to have the finale of the Move it Shake it party in the air - the CM on the left of the photo we had no idea about at the time.
Simply brilliant.

and another little one to round off the magic!

We just about avoided being cleared up by the parade and took great lengths to thank her for the pic, before we all reassembled on the pavement to the side of where the parade now was!

We said our goodbyes and I think you know where we were heading!

That Splash Mountain Fast Pass was calling and even with a huge queue we decided that the FP would move a whole lot more quickly than the standby one.

After a while , something happened in the melee and as we got into the front of a boat, there was nobody else there to make up the numbers, we therefore got a whole boat to ourselves and realised that this was another bit of magic – we had a photo on the ride and the actual ride photo was a bit of a collectors item too. Being at the front of the boat had another effect too – we all got absolutely drowned on the fall – even after all the rain today we were wetter than we all ever thought possible. It was worth it though!

We stayed out of the aircon and tried to dry out, with a bit of a temptation to stay longer, we had been in Magic Kingdom for 6 hours and despite the crowds and the showers , had not noticed the time pass.

We kept the sensible heads on and headed to the Monorail making it back to the car at 7-39pm

A quick stop in Publix for wine - we avoided buying the salad cream though - how expensive is that? Good job none of us like it!

Then dinner in the villa as lightning surrounded us and curtailed any thought of a late swim - we had made the right decision to leave the parks and enjoyed the food, the wine and watched Orlando City get beat 0-2 in the Open Cup to Atlanta ( we didn't enjoy that!)

We then began to look at what was planned for the next few days, tweaking a few bits and just ensuring that our upcoming park days have a balance towards a big crescendo of an ending and not burning the candle at both ends and in the middle too - like we did at the Yacht Club

There was so much still to do and at the half way point of the holiday we set the alarm for tomorrow.

See you real soon for Day 15 and thanks for reading

DAY 15 is just a click here away

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 01:57 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As you say some great photo pass pictures

Joan
Old 22 Apr 20, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

A day full of awesome memories and pics 👍
Splash Mountain running just for you wow!
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mick View Post
As you say some great photo pass pictures

Joan
Thanks Joan, a great photo pass picture is becoming harder to find, once you get one they really stand out and just add that bit of magic to your holiday memories.
Hope you and Mick are keeping well and staying safe x

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Thanks Joan, a great photo pass picture is becoming harder to find, once you get one they really stand out and just add that bit of magic to your holiday memories.
Hope you and Mick are keeping well and staying safe x

We're keeping very well thanks. Hope you and yours are too in these difficult times. Thank you for asking

Joan
Old 24 Apr 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Love the splash mountain photos with no one else in your boat that's a real treat. Worth celebrating with multiple photos .

I laughed at your explanation of how you were being sensible with your park time today. I think 6 hours in the parks is pretty good going! It's about our limit we are not the hard-core park go-ers. We rarely go for longer when we get to parks at rope drop, very often we're on the bus back home after lunch for some pool time. And we are rubbish at late evenings in the parks. 6 hours sounds like a marathon to me. Still I'm glad to read you set the alarm for tomorrow morning , now that's something I do pretty much every day of the holiday.

On a side note I listened to the Disney+ shows podcast. Of course, I've been watching the imagineering show and the mandalorian, they're both just expected as part of the subscription, aren't they? I had thought Kate and me were the only ones to like Encore, but it turns out it's a few of your co hosts guilty pleasure . I'm getting to the piint of all this waffle now though... I hadn't watched any of the Jeff Goldblum shows , but after your glowing review
I decided to give it a go and do you know what? You were right, he is annoying, but I'm still watching it

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
A day full of awesome memories and pics 👍
Splash Mountain running just for you wow!
It certainly was👍
Splash mountain was just a little bit of karma for missing out earlier when they dispersed the queue just before it reopened- No idea how it happened but amother little bit of magic 😎
Thanks for reading and posting - hope all well with you in these strange times we find ourselves

Old 25 Apr 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Fantastic photopass pics/videos, and what a clever idea with passenger swap for AP, I hadn't ever thought of that one! Can't believe you are half way through already, very much looking forward to reading more of your Blaze of Glory trip. Keep well and keep safe to you and yours x
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Love the splash mountain photos with no one else in your boat that's a real treat. Worth celebrating with multiple photos .

I laughed at your explanation of how you were being sensible with your park time today. I think 6 hours in the parks is pretty good going! It's about our limit we are not the hard-core park go-ers. We rarely go for longer when we get to parks at rope drop, very often we're on the bus back home after lunch for some pool time. And we are rubbish at late evenings in the parks. 6 hours sounds like a marathon to me. Still I'm glad to read you set the alarm for tomorrow morning , now that's something I do pretty much every day of the holiday.

On a side note I listened to the Disney+ shows podcast. Of course, I've been watching the imagineering show and the mandalorian, they're both just expected as part of the subscription, aren't they? I had thought Kate and me were the only ones to like Encore, but it turns out it's a few of your co hosts guilty pleasure . I'm getting to the piint of all this waffle now though... I hadn't watched any of the Jeff Goldblum shows , but after your glowing review
I decided to give it a go and do you know what? You were right, he is annoying, but I'm still watching it

Great to hear you are enjoying the Podcast May show is incoming and I'm hosting
Encore is a great idea and can be one of those shows that just draws you in as you can't believe what you are watching ( a bit like watching some shows on Channel 4 or Channel 5)

As for our park day, its amazing just how quickly 6 hours goes, whilst not particularly going at a pace but just enjoying the whole MK atmosphere and rain!
Splash Mountain was certainly a favourite of the whole holiday though.

Thanks for your continued reading and hope you are all staying safe and keeping healthy x

Old 29 Apr 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

A great day at MK apart from the rain and some good photos.
I used to read Reetsers trip reports but haven’t seen any for a while now.
The children are so grown up now.
Dad and son look like twins