Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 27 Apr 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
kev007
Imagineer

kev007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Getting to and from Animal Kingdom Lodge - advice please

Hi guys

We are just starting to book some ADRs for our next trip in October 2020, fingers crossed; we haven't been to Boma at AKL before so thought we would give it a try. we are staying at the CBR so looking for some advice on getting to / from AKL; dinner is booked for 5:45 pm so any advice would be much appreciated - guessing we need to get a Disney bus from CBR to AK then how do we get to / from AKL?

What would be the latest time we could get a bus back from AKL to AK so we could then get another bus back to CBR?

Thank you.

Kev

kev007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You could get a bus to Disney Springs and then pick up a bus to AKL from there. If it were me I’d just get a cab. Can easily take an hour at least each way.
Old 27 Apr 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

You could go to Disney Springs and then get the bus to AKL, then same again when you come back if you are going straight back to your hotel. Alternatively you could Uber as this would be a lot quicker.
As the skyliner runs from CBR you could perhaps get that to the studios and then get a bus to AKL from there. In January we did a bit of a tour using the skyliner and buses but to be honest it took forever as we seemed to be waiting for ages for a bus from Disney Springs, so I would allow plenty of time.
Disney Planning is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
kev007
Imagineer

kev007's Reviews
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
You could get a bus to Disney Springs and then pick up a bus to AKL from there. If it were me I’d just get a cab. Can easily take an hour at least each way.
Thank you - we are going to be at AK that afternoon so should be fine getting to AKL, perhaps we could get a cab from AKL to CBR on the way back?

Kev

kev007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
kev007
Imagineer

kev007's Reviews
Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
You could go to Disney Springs and then get the bus to AKL, then same again when you come back if you are going straight back to your hotel. Alternatively you could Uber as this would be a lot quicker.
As the skyliner runs from CBR you could perhaps get that to the studios and then get a bus to AKL from there. In January we did a bit of a tour using the skyliner and buses but to be honest it took forever as we seemed to be waiting for ages for a bus from Disney Springs, so I would allow plenty of time.
Thank you - we are at AK that day so should be fine getting to AKL, think we might just get a Uber or Lyft back to CBR as I've just done a quick quote and only around $12 or so and would save some time!

Kev

Old 27 Apr 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by kev007 View Post
Thank you - we are going to be at AK that afternoon so should be fine getting to AKL, perhaps we could get a cab from AKL to CBR on the way back?

Kev

Ah ok! It’s a 2 minute journey from the park, very convenient! Yeah I’d get a cab on your return journey unless you want to have a mooch round DS after and then get a bus back to your resort from there 🙂
Old 27 Apr 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
kev007
Imagineer

kev007's Reviews
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Ah ok! It’s a 2 minute journey from the park, very convenient! Yeah I’d get a cab on your return journey unless you want to have a mooch round DS after and then get a bus back to your resort from there 🙂
Thank you, that's a possibility so we'll see how we feel after a day at the park and dinner at Boma! Looking forward to eating there

Kev

Old 27 Apr 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Also make sure you have a look around the hotel, the shop always seems to have a few interesting things in. The animal viewing area is also a good place to go and if it’s dark they have night vision binoculars.
Disney Planning is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
kev007
Imagineer

kev007's Reviews
Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Also make sure you have a look around the hotel, the shop always seems to have a few interesting things in. The animal viewing area is also a good place to go and if it’s dark they have night vision binoculars.
Thank you, that's a great idea

Kev