Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 May 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Aw thank you so much for your reply. We too have stayed at Westhaven on 4 of our trips and love the Champions Gate area. As you said the closeness to 192 is great but we didn’t find champions gate too far away at all. We have stayed in Emerald Island and Oakwater, off the 192, and yes it is nice being so close to Disney. However, our 2 girls are getting older now (15 and 14 atm) and we don’t Think there will be many Disney visits after this year, so being away from 192 doesn’t bother us.

I am off to have a good look at Lake Wilson and the area. The short cut sounds good too 😉

Also I beat you to it and have already read day 16, I couldn’t wait! A huge Happy (**th) Birthday and what an amazing surprise too. Really fancy the boat hire trip out on the lakes too, looked amazing!
Thank you again for your PM too.

Thanks for that and delighted you have caught up with the birthday surprise - you also spotted how reluctant I am to name the occasion!

As for accommodation - we have become more aware that villas a little further out, offer more value for greater space and sometimes, better ameneties.
Love West Haven and everywhere around Champions Gate.

Boat hire is so easy and you don't need to book in advance it was just a pay as you go basis and so much fun.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 01:20 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
Another great read, with some fab photos. Mystified by the dog in the single rider line, doesn't look tall enough to ride to me (!). Food looked very good. Patiently waiting for the big surprise on day 16.

Never thought of the dog not being tall enough! Glad you enjoyed the pics and reading the whole day - I've finally got Day 16 posted for you too

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

Edited at 09:11 PM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
Love your photos. For a second I thought the drawing was of Stitch 🤣 . You say you’ll never get another fp for fop ,do you mean because you’ll never go again or am I missing something?
I'm sure my drawing probably looked more like Stitch or maybe the face of a stickman!

As for Flight of Passage - yes it is because we are off site but it is also because this is the last trip report
We knew last year we were not going to go in 2020 and the more I write about it the more emotional it becomes!
We have no countdown for the first time in 14 years and amidst all we are living through - I only yearn to ride Flight of Passage once more.
When that will be I have no idea and that is not good.

Old 24 May 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

After having to postpone this years trip to next year then cancel it altogether (hopefully not for long) this report was exactly what I needed for a wee bit of Disney magic.

I’ve binge read the report so far and I’m really enjoying it so I am willing you on to finish it .

Thank you for taking the time to write it, it’s been a great distraction during the current events. I’ve borrowed lots of top tips from it and not only that, it has also introduced me to the GBMW podcast

Looking forward to find out what happens next, don’t keep us in suspense too long
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Gabsnoot View Post
After having to postpone this years trip to next year then cancel it altogether (hopefully not for long) this report was exactly what I needed for a wee bit of Disney magic.

I’ve binge read the report so far and I’m really enjoying it so I am willing you on to finish it .

Thank you for taking the time to write it, it’s been a great distraction during the current events. I’ve borrowed lots of top tips from it and not only that, it has also introduced me to the GBMW podcast

Looking forward to find out what happens next, don’t keep us in suspense too long

I am so sorry to read about your trip I hope you get something sorted soon - I think we all need a bit of a Disney fix just now.

Can't tell you how much strength I have taken from your post and your very lovely words, I hope that the Disney Magic does come through in all of the words I type and I am delighted that there are so many tips you have taken from all of the words types so far.

As for the GBMW podcast - always good to know we have a new listener
Never easy to talk Disney in these times and I hope that the podcast adds a few giggles to the ears when you listen.

As for carrying on - I have to! I will get this finished and hopefully in time to see so many people going back on holidays to our shared Happy Place in Florida.

Thanks for the binge read - and for leaving such a lovely message too, can't begin to say how much it is appreciated

Hope you enjoy the rest of the trip with us - I have posted Days 16 and 17 too - so hope you enjoy a big birthday and the aftermath in day 17

Old 29 May 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Great night time photos. I’m with Josh when it comes to birds. I’m terrified of them!
Old 30 May 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Another great day. It's a shame that the bird show was cancelled and that you'd missed Nemo to see it. It sounds like the park was really quiet for you after the rain and you got really lucky with such a short wait for Navi River Journey. I know a lot of people speak badly about the ride but I actually find it quite relaxing. I wouldn't want to queue long for it though!

I'm looking forward to reading all about tomorrow.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List