Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 5 May 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

I've been looking to add on. In an ideal world it would be VGF however as we've decided just to go for one beds for me and DD I think we'll look at SSR or AKV. Something reasonably priced as one beds are easier to get at 7 months.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Honestly nowhere at the minute! I'm not sure how any of us are going to get there! I'd be waiting to see what sort of flight prices are coming out first, something has to give- Disney keep increasing their prices, food is on par if not more expensive than the UK & if flight prices rocket then Orlando goes back to being that luxury holiday & a "once in a life time deal" IYKWIM
We have sort of made the decision to go back to every other year & all add -on plans shelved
SD
Oh don't worry, we won't be buying anything anytime soon. Definitely going to see how things pan out but I figured there was no harm in doing some research in the meantime. I mean, we are in lockdown so what else is there to do
Old 5 May 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Thing is I'm fairly sure now is the time to buy to get a good deal! I've a feeling that once Disney are back up & running, that ROFR will start again & the fact that currently they're not is a direct result of no money coming in at the minute IYKWIM
Strange times we are living in, I now know what Bill Murray felt like in Groundhog Day!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I would say that it depends on your reason for buying more points. If you want bigger rooms then don't add on at the Poly. If you'd like to try somewhere else then go with a totally different resort. If it's just about staying for longer then whichever resort you enjoy the most.

I would recommend going for resorts with a 5th sleeper because I find 3 beds so useful with 2 little kids. There's no way that mine would share a sofa bed!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

I’d jump at a 100 point BCV contract, it’s hard to get a studio there at 7 months. My favourite resort is the Poly though, we use our BLT points there.
Old 6 May 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

My heart would lead me to BLT or The Poly but after my research last time we added on, my head would (surprisingly!) take me to buying direct again so I'd most likely wait for Reflections and see what add on offers they had.

Not a fan of Riviera, IMHO it's more Spanish Costa than French Riviera.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
I’d jump at a 100 point BCV contract, it’s hard to get a studio there at 7 months. My favourite resort is the Poly though, we use our BLT points there.
My favourite is the Poly too. Nothing beats waking up to that castle and watching the fireworks from our balcony. Pure Disney magic especially now we have a little girl (and another one on the way!)
Old 6 May 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
My heart would lead me to BLT or The Poly but after my research last time we added on, my head would (surprisingly!) take me to buying direct again so I'd most likely wait for Reflections and see what add on offers they had.

Not a fan of Riviera, IMHO it's more Spanish Costa than French Riviera.
I wasn't blown away by Riviera either. I like to feel like I've been transported to somewhere much further away, hence my love for the Poly & CCV. I can get to France in a hour, not quite the same. And walking around the resort listening to that music just annoyed me I'd rather stay at CBR as that has more of the vibe that we enjoy.

Can I ask why you would only buy direct if adding on? Our 2 contracts were bought direct but we got good deals on them, not sure we could justify the extra costs to buy direct now when we get the benefits anyway.

Edited at 09:40 AM.
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I wasn't blown away by Riviera either. I like to feel like I've been transported to somewhere much further away, hence my love for the Poly & CCV. I can get to France in a hour, not quite the same. And walking around the resort listening to that music just annoyed me I'd rather stay at CBR as that has more of the vibe that we enjoy.

Can I ask why you would only buy direct if adding on? Our 2 contracts were bought direct but we got good deals on them, not sure we could justify the extra costs to buy direct now when we get the benefits anyway.
I'd never rule out buying resale, and when we were researching our last add on I was certain it'd be resale, but comparing the price per point (after offers) with the 50 year contract against the much lower terms, the saving just wasn't significant enough to justify the fewer years.

We didn't buy to sell but do also consider the future resale value as none of us know our future for certain, and imo the longer the contract and more sought after the resort the more it will be worth should we decide to sell it on, so that was an important factor also.

I don't think there's a definitive answer though re. resale versus direct, it needs to be judged on each contract at the time and what the buyer wants from it. My summary was specifically from the CCV add on offer at the time against the BLT & AKV resale contracts we were looking at.

Edited to say that the benefits aren't a consideration for us in weighing all this up, all the ones worth having disappeared years ago!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

Edited at 10:14 AM.
PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

We've already got CCV, if buying extras I'd be looking at AKV at around $100.

Why?

Combination of availability at 11 months across 2 resorts with a good mix of units, length of contract, points per night is reasonable, viability of renting out the points at 11 months if I wanted to.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List