Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 6 May 20, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Hrm27
Apprentice Imagineer

Has anyone brought resale?

Hi,
Since we have been going to Disney roughly every 18 months, we are seriously considering purchasing dvc, but through resale?
Have you done it? Would you recommend it? And if so who did you do it through?

Thank you in advance, if you can help.
Old 6 May 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We bought resale in I think 2006. We bought through Kinn and Jaki Tutas who now work for resalesdvc/

It takes a bit longer than buying direct but the prices mean for us it was an easy decision. We also wanted to buy at the Boardwalk and that wasn’t available direct.

When we bought there were no differences but there are some differences in your contract now. Given the cost savings I still think it’s the way to go but make sure you are aware of the differences before you buy.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Many people have bought resale- either right from the off, added on or some like me bought resale first, added on multiple times resale and bought a small direct contract for benefits (when I did that you only needed 25 direct points, probably not worth doing that now).
You save big bucks resale- and unless Disney reduce direct prices (v unlikely) that gap could grow over the coming months.
Also they’ve currently stopped buying back contracts- if that continues you won’t have much choice direct but to buy Riviera which is a marmite resort.
I can tell from your question you are new to this so don’t begin to dip your toe in the water until you’ve done substantial research- everything you need is online including here, the ‘other’ big US Disney board (more active as many more US DVC owners), Mouseowners. Read all the articles at DVCinfo and also look at DVC News.

Edited at 08:49 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Hrm27
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve looked at in previous years and we did a dvc talk ,two visits ago. Whilst we were tempted we didn’t like the pressurised sale. There’s roughly $20,000 difference , which is crazy.
I am always cautious and so always prefer to get others thoughts first .

Thank you , I shall look into the board etc.
Old 6 May 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I think it depends on where you are looking at & what your thoughts are as far as when & how long.When we took the leap AKV was the Direct resort, min buy in was 160 at $98/point = Just shy of $16000- 2057 Contract. We bought Resale at Saratoga 175 points at $67.50 =$11900-2054 so our thoughts were more points for less money & only a 3 year difference as far as contract. Worth noting that back then both contracts were treated the same so we still have the perks.Now I wouldn't base any decision on the perks they aren't worth the extra money so don't base a Direct decision on those.
Personally I'd steer clear of the 2042 Resorts, you are going to pay a lot more for the likes of BCV,BWV & WLV & I'll happily stay at them with my 12 extra years
Final note, this decision only saves you money IF you were going to stay in these resorts anyway, IF you are happy in Value/Mods or offsite don't do it...
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List