Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 26 May 20, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

In some ways, from a very selfish perspective, it would be better for us WDW remains closed until end of June then we would get our Dec and Easter trip out of the pass.
Old 27 May 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Rich accountant
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I called the cancellation line yesterday and got through to the AP team. I explained that I was based in the UK and my AP expires in August and I won't likely be able to make my early August vacation, and asked for a refund of the remaining time to end of my AP, not just date of reopening. The person on the call filled out a form and will ask a special team to look at my cancellation request.
She sounded positive and noted they were taking into account location of APs

Edited at 03:30 PM.
Rich accountant is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
In some ways, from a very selfish perspective, it would be better for us WDW remains closed until end of June then we would get our Dec and Easter trip out of the pass.
mid july announced today so you;'re ok!
paulfoel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rich accountant View Post
I called the cancellation line yesterday and got through to the AP team. I explained that I was based in the UK and my AP expires in August and I won't likely be able to make my early August vacation, and asked for a refund of the remaining time to end of my AP, not just date of reopening. The person on the call filled out a form and will ask a special team to look at my cancellation request.
She sounded positive and noted they were taking into account location of APs
Do you mind letting me know how it goes with them?

We went last september and upgraded my UK 14 day ulimate to AP (fro $670). We get one for free parking etc the rest of family get 14 day ultimate. Plan being for august this year - all booked. So we get two uses of the AP.

Who knows if its going ahead in august. Or even if the rest of the family can get tickets with the new opening dates.

I did email WDW a while ago and they said I could extend by the no of days they were closed. Looks like its going to mar-july so 4 months. Pretty pointless for me because I aint going anytime from aug-jan 2021.

I wasn't impressed so far with them.

They worked out I'd paid £400 for the UK ($490) plus $670 to upgrade.

Then they tried to say MAYBE I could have a 4 month refund (33% refund on what I paid so $380 refund which is not good)

Or then they tried to say I'd visited last year 10 times so they based my usage on a 10day hopper (Completely ignoring the fact I originally had a UK ticket) and would calculate my total paid for AP minus cost of 10 day hopper. Would have been even less because I think the 10 day is well expensive...

Either way I'd lose out massively...

To be honest, I'm hoping they'll cancel my AP upgrade and refund me the $670. After all, I would have had the same admissions if I'd stuck with my original ticket. All I'd have gained is free parking etc. Seems fair to me.
paulfoel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rich accountant
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by paulfoel View Post
Do you mind letting me know how it goes with them?

We went last september and upgraded my UK 14 day ulimate to AP (fro $670). We get one for free parking etc the rest of family get 14 day ultimate. Plan being for august this year - all booked. So we get two uses of the AP.

Who knows if its going ahead in august. Or even if the rest of the family can get tickets with the new opening dates.

I did email WDW a while ago and they said I could extend by the no of days they were closed. Looks like its going to mar-july so 4 months. Pretty pointless for me because I aint going anytime from aug-jan 2021.

I wasn't impressed so far with them.

They worked out I'd paid £400 for the UK ($490) plus $670 to upgrade.

Then they tried to say MAYBE I could have a 4 month refund (33% refund on what I paid so $380 refund which is not good)

Or then they tried to say I'd visited last year 10 times so they based my usage on a 10day hopper (Completely ignoring the fact I originally had a UK ticket) and would calculate my total paid for AP minus cost of 10 day hopper. Would have been even less because I think the 10 day is well expensive...

Either way I'd lose out massively...

To be honest, I'm hoping they'll cancel my AP upgrade and refund me the $670. After all, I would have had the same admissions if I'd stuck with my original ticket. All I'd have gained is free parking etc. Seems fair to me.

Yes I will. We did something similar. Upgraded our 14 day UK passes to Platinum in August, then Platinum Plus when we were there in Feb. I'm hoping for a refund from closing to the end of my AP in August, but given now closed to July, it doesn't make a great deal of difference if we have to take the standard refund of the number of days closed.
I think a straight refund of what you paid to upgrade will be difficult to swing.
Rich accountant is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Following this thread with interest as also purchased Gold APs last October and have made the difficult decision to cancel our holiday in July this year. We are hoping to go at Christmas but will be there during blackout dates so am asking WDW what they can do to help! Universal seem to be being very generous and extending passes to cover 2021 vacations so hopefully WDW will follow suit!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rich accountant View Post
Yes I will. We did something similar. Upgraded our 14 day UK passes to Platinum in August, then Platinum Plus when we were there in Feb. I'm hoping for a refund from closing to the end of my AP in August, but given now closed to July, it doesn't make a great deal of difference if we have to take the standard refund of the number of days closed.
I think a straight refund of what you paid to upgrade will be difficult to swing.
Yes very similar. My AP ends in September.

If I only get a refund for days closed - i.e. 4 months it would mean I've basically paid for 2/3rd of an AP and used it once.

I'm going to ask because park entrance wise I've had nothing extra from having an AP - I could have just stuck with my 14 day uk. All I've had is free parking and one or two discounts which I'm hoping they'll let slide... :-)

I'm going to ask first and see what they say.

Another problem is how long the offer will be available for? Until they open in july then its too late? Ideally, I still want to go in august but may not know if its happening until just before.
Old 28 May 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Following this thread with interest as also purchased Gold APs last October and have made the difficult decision to cancel our holiday in July this year. We are hoping to go at Christmas but will be there during blackout dates so am asking WDW what they can do to help! Universal seem to be being very generous and extending passes to cover 2021 vacations so hopefully WDW will follow suit!
yes universal seem to have been generous. Don;t they ask you to select a small window in 2021 though?
Old 28 May 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Least your only losing out on one annual pass. We upgraded all four of ours
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Does anyone know what date they are taking as reopening? There are technically two dates and I know it sounds made but the difference in the two is impacting if I can get a January trip in - the MK one will definitely mean no go but the Epcot one might give me that option.