Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 May 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
d1gger
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
Hi all, planning a west coast trip for next summer, we will get 2 day tickets for Disney and do both parks, does anyone have any tips for either park, where to eat, the fast pass system, etc?
We went a couple of years ago and spent 2 days there, 1 day in each park - which was fine. Obviously you could stay longer and its much smaller than Florida.
We're hopefully doing the same next year.

FastPass was working with paper tickets.
In terms of eating there was a good bakery which has the Boudin's bread (same as the place in San Fran) which was worth a visit - cant remember which park it was in though. But in general the food is pretty much the same we've found.
Theres also a cheesecake factory offsite not too far away if you like them.
As for the parks - as someone said Cars land is really good - and better at night with the neon lights.
d1gger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

If it is the bakery place that does the hollowed out bread bowls with gumbo like filling, then that is on the entrance to pixar place in California Adventure. They give out freebie samples if you do the tour of the place and watch bread being made. We really liked the quick service paradise garden grill for salads.

The rest of this is just mind dump in case it is helpful. We stayed in both Paradise Pier (and had a fireworks view of pixar pier) and in the Grand Californian where we had a small view of the fireworks from the balcony.

If you are in one of the Disney hotels (Paradise Pier, Disneyland Hotel, Grand Californian) there was a power walk available through the Grand Californian in the early morning through the California Adventure park. Well worth it, despite not being able to take photos. They also do free tours on the architecture and art in the hotels, which are interesting if you have time. I think that there is a tour of the Cathay Lounge available as well (but I haven't done that).

They also still have the animation academy which is a nice place to stop and have a break from the heat. The rest of that building is also fun.

In Disneyland itself to the left of the station as you go in is the fire house and the first floor flat that Walt Disney stayed in. Look for the light in the window. If you want a dole whip, then sometimes the line inside the tiki room queue is shorter. The finding nemo ride is very claustraphobic inside, and not really worth it unless you are a big fan! Casey Jr is similar to the one in Paris (if I remember correctly). The Storybook Boats are difficult to get on and off as you have to climb down (they will also balance the boat by weight). It's a small world is well worth doing once, play spot the disney characters! They close the toontown off early for the fireworks, the show in the theatre near there was rather good, and I think that there is a food place nearby. The winnie the pooh ride is rather fun and different to the one in WDW. Club 33 is in the New Orleans quarter (look for the number).

Unfortunately the Haunted Mansion was closed both times that we went (early Sept each time) so I haven't done that one. Also look out for the humming birds while you are there, they are fascinating.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by d1gger View Post
We went a couple of years ago and spent 2 days there, 1 day in each park - which was fine. Obviously you could stay longer and its much smaller than Florida.
We're hopefully doing the same next year.

FastPass was working with paper tickets.
In terms of eating there was a good bakery which has the Boudin's bread (same as the place in San Fran) which was worth a visit - cant remember which park it was in though. But in general the food is pretty much the same we've found.
Theres also a cheesecake factory offsite not too far away if you like them.
As for the parks - as someone said Cars land is really good - and better at night with the neon lights.
Thanks for reply, I love a good bakery so I’ll look out for that😀
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rabel View Post
If it is the bakery place that does the hollowed out bread bowls with gumbo like filling, then that is on the entrance to pixar place in California Adventure. They give out freebie samples if you do the tour of the place and watch bread being made. We really liked the quick service paradise garden grill for salads.

The rest of this is just mind dump in case it is helpful. We stayed in both Paradise Pier (and had a fireworks view of pixar pier) and in the Grand Californian where we had a small view of the fireworks from the balcony.

If you are in one of the Disney hotels (Paradise Pier, Disneyland Hotel, Grand Californian) there was a power walk available through the Grand Californian in the early morning through the California Adventure park. Well worth it, despite not being able to take photos. They also do free tours on the architecture and art in the hotels, which are interesting if you have time. I think that there is a tour of the Cathay Lounge available as well (but I haven't done that).
They also still have the animation academy which is a nice place to stop and have a break from the heat. The rest of that building is also fun.

In Disneyland itself to the left of the station as you go in is the fire house and the first floor flat that Walt Disney stayed in. Look for the light in the window. If you want a dole whip, then sometimes the line inside the tiki room queue is shorter. The finding nemo ride is very claustraphobic inside, and not really worth it unless you are a big fan! Casey Jr is similar to the one in Paris (if I remember correctly). The Storybook Boats are difficult to get on and off as you have to climb down (they will also balance the boat by weight). It's a small world is well worth doing once, play spot the disney characters! They close the toontown off early for the fireworks, the show in the theatre near there was rather good, and I think that there is a food place nearby. The winnie the pooh ride is rather fun and different to the one in WDW. Club 33 is in the New Orleans quarter (look for the number).

Unfortunately the Haunted Mansion was closed both times that we went (early Sept each time) so I haven't done that one. Also look out for the humming birds while you are there, they are fascinating.
Hi thanks so much for that information that’s all really helpful, will make a note about Walt’s apartment, knew it was there but wasn’t sure where😀
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Casey12
Proud to wear my Ears

We spent 5 nights in Anaheim. 3 full days in the parks. The best tips I can give are get there for rope drop and go back to the hotel and chill after lunch, then return later.
Pay for the MaxPass best purchase we bought out there. We had usually finished in the park by 1 pm having done all the rides we wanted to ( all thrill rides) it was great as I could book rides for the evening to although I was back at the hotel.

Edited at 11:56 PM.
Casey12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Casey12 View Post
We spent 5 nights in Anaheim. 3 full days in the parks. The best tips I can give are get there for rope drop and go back to the hotel and chill after lunch, then return later.
Pay for the MaxPass best purchase we bought out there. We had usually finished in the park by 1 pm having done all the rides we wanted to ( all thrill rides) it was great as I could book rides for the evening to although I was back at the hotel.
Hi, thanks for that reply, can you only purchase the MaxPass when you get there and how exactly does it work? Thanks😀

Edited at 04:34 PM.
Old 31 May 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
i watched youtube on brogan tate and her visit to disneyland - gave me lots of info

dozy does de west... vegas baby
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=886432
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dozy View Post
i watched youtube on brogan tate and her visit to disneyland - gave me lots of info
Brilliant, thanks for that I’ll take a look😀
Old 31 May 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Ive been going to Disneyland every year since 2010.

I usually do 1 park per day, 3 park days, no MaxPass.

I am solo and I stay off site

Edited at 05:06 PM.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Dawnfletch
slightly serious Dibber

Dawnfletch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by dozy View Post
Have a look on you tube for
L&r dreaming
Spoonfullofsugar

They are also good.