Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 16 May 20, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Debsc1
Excited about Disney

OAT - balance due

Thought this might help other dibbers in my position. I have paid deposit only on tickets with Orlando Attraction Tickets and the balance is due in a couple of weeks.

I have confirmed with them that I can cancel now and lose just the deposit of £10 per ticket, or I can pay the balance and then if our flight/hotel is cancelled apply for a refund under their ticket guardian scheme (the ticket extension to 30 September 2021 won't apply as they weren't paid before 11 April 2020).

Lastly I have checked with Disney, and if I have the tickets in hand even though they will have expired at the end of this year I can definitely apply the value to a ticket in a future year although I would have to call them up to do this and pay the difference in price.

Now to decide what to do would be good to know if anyone has had a refund processed under the ticket guardian scheme ?
2003 Formosa Villa, 2005 DLRP, 2006 Hampton Lakes Villa, 2007 Formosa Villa/Wildnerness Lodge, 2008 Formosa Villa/Sanibel, 2009 Hard Rock Hotel/Formosa Villa/Key Largo, 2010 Emerald Island Villa/Sanibel, 2011 Emerald Island Villa/Sanibel. 2013 Emerald Island /Sanibel 2014 Sanibel/DCL/BLT 2015 Sanibel/Windsor Hills 2017 AKL/BLT 2018 BCV/AKV 2019 CBBR/SSR
2020 Poly/BWV/RPR cancelled 2021 RPR/AKV/RR/CR cancelled Anthem of the Seas
Debsc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

I have posted about my experience with OAT on here before. I had paid for my tickets in full and claimed a refund under the ticket guardian scheme due to our May holiday being cancelled.
OAT were difficult from the beginning. Even though I sent numerous emails to them from TA confirming my holiday had been cancelled OAT refused to refund me the full amount stating that because the emails from my TA stated ‘due to the current situation’ this did not mean specifically Covid!
After lots of toing and froing they did eventually agree to refund me the full amount, minus the deposit, however this was on the 4th April and I have still not yet received a refund.
I chased this with them last week and received an abrupt and sarcastic reply basically stating they were extremely busy and refunds were taking a long time and I would have to wait!
Really not impressed at all, I will never book with them again and if I were in your position I would definitely not be giving them any more of my money! I would lose the deposit and run a mile!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Debsc1
Excited about Disney

Thanks for your reply, that's was I was afraid of. It's great in theory but not so much in practice.
2003 Formosa Villa, 2005 DLRP, 2006 Hampton Lakes Villa, 2007 Formosa Villa/Wildnerness Lodge, 2008 Formosa Villa/Sanibel, 2009 Hard Rock Hotel/Formosa Villa/Key Largo, 2010 Emerald Island Villa/Sanibel, 2011 Emerald Island Villa/Sanibel. 2013 Emerald Island /Sanibel 2014 Sanibel/DCL/BLT 2015 Sanibel/Windsor Hills 2017 AKL/BLT 2018 BCV/AKV 2019 CBBR/SSR
2020 Poly/BWV/RPR cancelled 2021 RPR/AKV/RR/CR cancelled Anthem of the Seas
Debsc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
americanv8
Apprentice Imagineer

americanv8's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Similar position here (i posted a few days ago about it). What narks me even more is i was specifically told by them that when you order & pay a deposit you're securing the tickets at that price and they place the order with the supplier, therefore if the price changes then there's nothing they can do. So if thats the case then surely our terms are valid from the booking date, which in my case is November 2019 and therefore i'm covered for the ticket extension into 2021.
americanv8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Glad I’ve found this post as I’ve booked with this company and I need to alter things not only for the time we are going but we are now going to do the “Full Monty” (Disney,universal & Seaworld) - it might work out cheaper to loose my £40 deposit and look elsewhere as I think I can get the Disney tickets £35 cheaper each anyway

If anyone can help with the best tickets for me that would be appreciated (see my other post in this section)

Edited at 09:06 AM.
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss AliJS
VIP Dibber

I have been told by OAT that if I want to cancel, I will need to pay 25% deposit (I have paid £10 p/p) which works out at £352. Perhaps this is because our balance is not due until August when presumably parks will be open?
OCT 2018- Emerald Island/HRH
OCT 2019- Back to Windsor Hills/Portofino Bay
OCT 2020 and 2021- Not to be
APRIL 2022- New York
JUNE 2022- Rosen Inn LBV/RPR
APRIL 2023- Emerald Island/Endless Summer
OCT 2024- Emerald Island/RPR
Miss AliJS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Ingram01
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Miss AliJS View Post
I have been told by OAT that if I want to cancel, I will need to pay 25% deposit (I have paid £10 p/p) which works out at £352. Perhaps this is because our balance is not due until August when presumably parks will be open?
I don't like the sound of that, we are in the same position with balance due in August and £10pp deposit paid.

There terms and conditions state the following cancellation charges:

Up to 30 days before the arrangements are due to start: 25%
Between 29 - 7 days before the arrangements are due to start: 50%
Within 7 days of the arrangements due to start: 100%
Deposit / Instalment bookings - If you decide to cancel your booking before the balance is paid your deposit plus any instalments you have paid (if lower than the 25% of your order total) will act as the cancellation charge for your order.

That reads to me that you should only loose the £10pp deposit, not 25%.
Ingram01 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss AliJS
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ingram01 View Post
I don't like the sound of that, we are in the same position with balance due in August and £10pp deposit paid.

Deposit / Instalment bookings - If you decide to cancel your booking before the balance is paid your deposit plus any instalments you have paid (if lower than the 25% of your order total) will act as the cancellation charge for your order.

Yes, I completely agree with you. Hopefully we won't need to cancel. Actual amount they quoted for four of us-

hank you for your email,

The cancellation charge is 25% which is £392
OCT 2018- Emerald Island/HRH
OCT 2019- Back to Windsor Hills/Portofino Bay
OCT 2020 and 2021- Not to be
APRIL 2022- New York
JUNE 2022- Rosen Inn LBV/RPR
APRIL 2023- Emerald Island/Endless Summer
OCT 2024- Emerald Island/RPR
Miss AliJS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ingram01 View Post

Thanks for looking this up I was just about to do the same

We don't really need to cancel but has anyone had dealing with them before and are they a decent company to talk to as I actually need to buy more tickets ?

Edited at 04:22 PM.
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Icey
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Does anyone know of you don’t pay balance, do they take it automatically out your bank?
Icey is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List