Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 May 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Dad Vader
Earning More Ears

I'm just on the phone now to Disney to upgrade to BC :-)
Dad Vader is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nells77 View Post
I’ve been keeping an eye on CBR prices and noticed that the 5th sleeper rooms are now available. Does anyone know if these are the same price as the standard 4 people room?
If there's 5 of you then same price, if less then there is a small premium now.
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I've noticed that prices come down in mid October so I wonder if the 50th would have ended by then. Either that or free dining won't be offered, it ended on Oct 3rd this year so that would make sense.
It’s always been the case that September through to mid October and early November to mid December has been cheaper - it’s one of the reasons we chose that time of the year.

I am interesting to hear prices seem to reduce around mid October for next year. For this year the cheapest periods are

5 Sept to 17 Oct
3 Nov to 19 Dec

I’ve taken these from the WDW brochure.

Looking at the nightly prices I can now see very clearly why for us, as a couple, the free night promotion could be better value than free dining. We would never pay out of pocket for some of the meals with book on the Dining Plan and we would share meals at QS locations.

As we want to go deluxe again next year - CBR was ok but felt a little rough and ready for what we paid - then with room rates of over £300 a night our saving, over 14 days, would be £1200 and we wouldn’t spend that on food.

And then there’s the “what if the free night promotion doesn’t happen”...

Decisions decisions and that’s before ANY offer has even landed...
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ritz View Post
If there's 5 of you then same price, if less then there is a small premium now.
There’s 4 of us, I’ll hang on until the normal standards are released then if free dining happens.
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Tsaria
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Nells77 View Post
I’ve been keeping an eye on CBR prices and noticed that the 5th sleeper rooms are now available. Does anyone know if these are the same price as the standard 4 people room?
I check twice a day every day and CBR 5th sleeper rooms have appeared a couple of weeks ago for my dates. Before that there was only prefered rooms or pirate rooms.
7 night Mediterranean Cruise on the Disney Dream May 2023
Trying to figure out what will be our next Disney vacation
Tsaria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Adultdisneyfan View Post
It’s always been the case that September through to mid October and early November to mid December has been cheaper - it’s one of the reasons we chose that time of the year.

I am interesting to hear prices seem to reduce around mid October for next year. For this year the cheapest periods are

5 Sept to 17 Oct
3 Nov to 19 Dec

I’ve taken these from the WDW brochure.

Looking at the nightly prices I can now see very clearly why for us, as a couple, the free night promotion could be better value than free dining. We would never pay out of pocket for some of the meals with book on the Dining Plan and we would share meals at QS locations.

As we want to go deluxe again next year - CBR was ok but felt a little rough and ready for what we paid - then with room rates of over £300 a night our saving, over 14 days, would be £1200 and we wouldn’t spend that on food.

And then there’s the “what if the free night promotion doesn’t happen”...

Decisions decisions and that’s before ANY offer has even landed...
The problem we have with waiting for the free night promotion is every time we have checked the last few years we have never been able to get standard/cheaper rooms as they have often sold out with only more expensive rooms types available, when we add in what would spend on food and the free gift card it’s never worked out cheaper for us to book with free nights (2 people). If you are looking at some of the more expensive rooms types or get lucky with dates then it can work out cheaper, but is always a risk in case you can’t get the room type you want or the offer isn’t run.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by m2k00 View Post
The problem we have with waiting for the free night promotion is every time we have checked the last few years we have never been able to get standard/cheaper rooms as they have often sold out with only more expensive rooms types available, when we add in what would spend on food and the free gift card it’s never worked out cheaper for us to book with free nights (2 people). If you are looking at some of the more expensive rooms types or get lucky with dates then it can work out cheaper, but is always a risk in case you can’t get the room type you want or the offer isn’t run.
Agreed - it’s a risk and a great unknown!
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have to say, with all the people who have moved to 2021 I’m a bit concerned there won’t be free dining as they won’t see a need.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

No change in the dates I have been watching, only difference is that WL standard room is now available.
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
No change in the dates I have been watching, only difference is that WL standard room is now available.
It’s available for our dates next year too and if we end up not going this year we could stretch to it next year. That would be a silver lining to not getting this year.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List