Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 27 May 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Don’t think we’ll be going. Both over 70 by then. Had to cancel 3 trips so far including WDW where I should be right now. Plus DH birthday trip to Hawaii.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by C4rla View Post
Nice to read a positive thread!

We're going on 10th September, VA from Gatwick

A few weeks ago I thought there was next to no chance that the holiday would go ahead, but I'm starting to be a little more positive. I think it'll be a different holiday to what we were expecting, but hopefully still a good one.

One of the things we've been thinking about is adding car hire. We've previously had a car and stayed at Disney the whole holiday driving wherever we wanted to go. This year (with the introduction of the car parking charges) we were planning on a split stay between Disney and Universal and no car, relying on Disney transportation and occasional Uber or hiring a car for a day or two only. Obviously we don't know yet how Disney will be managing their transportation. But a car is now more tempting to make it easier to keep a distance from people and also as I think we may be planning more days outside the parks than we had thought. But then on the flip side it will cost more money!

Didn't mean to take over your cheery thread with a post about cars , but that seems to have come out longer than I intended . Would be very interested in others thoughts.

But anyways, fingers crossed we all get to go and have lovely September holidays
36 trips, 36 car hire, driven over 50,000 miles so I'm happy to recommend.

Having said that though never stayed in a WDW hotel and not visited a park since 2010 so maybe I'm not one to talk.

Mick
Old 27 May 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Don’t think we’ll be going. Both over 70 by then. Had to cancel 3 trips so far including WDW where I should be right now. Plus DH birthday trip to Hawaii.
We'll both be 74 in November and had to cancel 4 holidays over the years because of our cancers but we are determined to be there.
Despite annual insurance being as dear as the flight

Mick
Old 27 May 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
spongebob10
slightly serious Dibber

Hoping to fly on September 11th - originally from Gatwick and now waiting to be moved to Heathrow. Remaining positive... interested to see what the Disney reopening plan reveals today

fingers crossed for all of us! x
Old 27 May 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

I hope you to. If you do, then so do we in October.

I honestly think, unless there is a massive second wave in either the uk or us, then we will be ok, and probably sooner than we think.

I can also see the masks and extreme social distancing measures being relaxed in the next month or two.

Pure conjecture on my park I hasten to add
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
newstewart
Apprentice Imagineer

We're due to fly on September 6th Aer Lingus to Miami and return from Orlando. Still want our 2 weeks in Orlando but not so sure about the 5 day Miami and Keys trip. Still time to work it out
newstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
NickPytlinski
Proud to wear my Ears

26th sept for us. fingers crossed and keeping the faith.
Old 27 May 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jenn8400
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

November 25th for us! ADR day on Friday and I will be there booking at 11am hopeful that all is going to plan.
Old 27 May 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
update

Originally Posted by jenn8400 View Post
November 25th for us! ADR day on Friday and I will be there booking at 11am hopeful that all is going to plan.
Have a drive round Celebration and see this house

or visit Grand Floridian to see the gingerbread house

Mick
Old 27 May 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmymouse
Proud to wear my Ears

Very much need this post at the moment! I'm very up and down in my positivity - I'm trying to stay positive but it's hard! We were due to go to Hong Kong Disney in December last year but changed our plans last minute due to the unrest there...just hoping one of my holidays works out at this point...!
WDW/Coronado Springs - 24th September 2020 - 1st October 2020.
Emmymouse is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List