Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 May 20, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We’ve never gone into debt for it, and we wouldn’t. But holidays are what we enjoy and we will always spend to make sure it’s a holiday we enjoy, I’d rather cut corners elsewhere than on holidays.

I remember all my holidays as a child with my family and I want our (future) children do the same. We will continue to splurge on holidays, but this current situation has made us wish we had more in the bank, however, we have a wedding that needed paying for and hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post

we have been 11 times with our oldest daughter who is 17 ( we took her for her 4th birthday )

Over christmas a friend asked me to work out how much our disney holidays had cost over them 13 years, we worked it out at around £120.000, its scary to be honest
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Its about balance in life. Like others have said we would not go into debt for a holiday but after that it's a choice how you use your money.

We have had many, many wonderful holidays that are not Florida and many that are. A really great holiday can be in the UK and can be relatively cheap and thoroughly good. It is not Florida good everything else poor.

The cost doesnt relate to how good or bad a holiday is.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

In 2016 $10000 would have bought a 150 point Saratoga resale DVC contract.
That would then allow you to stay in Disney Deluxe properties for around $80 a night in annual dues costs.
You could also rent those points for $1000+ clear profit after dues every year.
That contract would last over 40 years.
Food for thought when one considers how much we spent cash on holidays over the years.
Unfortunately DVC is more expensive now, but it’s come down a bit recently resale, but it’s not for everyone.
If someone had bought that contract and sold it now, even after all fees they’d at least have got their money back and probably made a bit of a profit.

Edited at 06:56 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Our first visit, back in ‘97 cost £1800 for flight, accommodation and car for a family of 3. We spent a further £1800 on tickets and spends. To this day it’s the best holiday we’ve ever had.
We’ve been a further 7 times, 4 of them as a couple and 4 of them on site. The latest was at Saratoga Springs, which cost considerably more than the first holiday.
It’s been worth every penny.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Im not sure about all costs but sorting out and finding receipts/tickets our 2004 trip cost us £600 each economy! Our last trip in 2019 for flights cost much less!
Old 28 May 20, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks-Mum
Excited about Disney

6 trips for us over last 25 years. 1st trip in 1995 cost £1350 for 2 adults at Holiday Inn on I drive with car. If only the next 5 trips has been a similar price. Lots of lovely memories forever.
Old 28 May 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Its about balance in life. Like others have said we would not go into debt for a holiday but after that it's a choice how you use your money.

We have had many, many wonderful holidays that are not Florida and many that are. A really great holiday can be in the UK and can be relatively cheap and thoroughly good. It is not Florida good everything else poor.

The cost doesn't relate to how good or bad a holiday is.
I kinda agree, but our UK holidays prior to Florida were pretty much wash outs (literally!) and not cheap, and when in the 2 weeks in school summer holidays we got (or at least I can remember, which is what counts - memories) 1 sunny day on beach!

We bailed and went to Corfu for 6 years or so, and had great memories there, when kids were little...but less as they were getting older...

Florida just ticked all the boxes for everyone - I wish we could have been satisfied by cheaper UK hols too, but never worked for us.

Florida became special, so cost was worth it...they do it so well.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I've always said to my dh, when I am on my death bed, I won't be talking about houses or material things but reminiscing about holidays and lovely places that we have seen and done. 😊 Memories.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by enjibenji View Post
I've always said to my dh, when I am on my death bed, I won't be talking about houses or material things but reminiscing about holidays and lovely places that we have seen and done. 😊 Memories.
I couldn't agree more. I always say the same... I won't look back and say 'oh I wish we had gone on less holidays'. My happiest memories have been made on holidays and I will cherish those times always
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List