Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 May 20, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

What to pack in hand luggage for 2 and 4 year old

Hi guys

I hope anyone can help me... been to Florida 30+ times but never with 2 little ones. We are flying next year with a 4 year old and a 2 year old. Does anyone have a packing list or things that you NEED for the flight? I’ve got a new backpack but not sure if it will be big enough if I have a lot to take.

I’m thinking;
Change of clothes for each kiddo and me
Snacks
Water cups
Snacks
Tablet
Snacks
Etc etc

The kids will have a small backpack each.

Edited at 02:49 PM.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Passports and other documentation
Wallets/purses
Medication
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Snacks
Sticker books
Snacks
Aqua-doodles travel set
Snacks
Plasters and antibacterial wipes
Snacks

Instead of a backpack for our toddler, we took a Munchkin Travel Booster Seat. It has space inside for bits and bobs and meant he was sat high enough in his plane seat to see the TV screen and reach the table for his food and snacks. We took it to all the parks with us on holiday too as was much easier than having to find a highchair, could pop essentials like wipes and cutlery and a sticker book underneath, and he could sit on it for shows so he could see. He didn't want to sit on our knees, particularly for shows outside, with it being so hot. Cover is fully washable too, it's been a god send.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Egon
slightly serious Dibber

a change of clothes is definitely a must!
Egon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
Snacks
Sticker books
Snacks
Aqua-doodles travel set
Snacks
Plasters and antibacterial wipes
Snacks

Instead of a backpack for our toddler, we took a Munchkin Travel Booster Seat. It has space inside for bits and bobs and meant he was sat high enough in his plane seat to see the TV screen and reach the table for his food and snacks. We took it to all the parks with us on holiday too as was much easier than having to find a highchair, could pop essentials like wipes and cutlery and a sticker book underneath, and he could sit on it for shows so he could see. He didn't want to sit on our knees, particularly for shows outside, with it being so hot. Cover is fully washable too, it's been a god send.
This sounds good, I’ll have a look for them.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Definitely clothes for your first day. 2 reasons for this, the obvious, if your luggage goes missing then you dont loose a day, and the second is, it really helps if you havent unpacked everything.

The first ever time we travelled and I didnt pack spare clothes in our hand cases was a short break flight in the UK and our cases went missing for 5 hours. Would never risk this on a long haul expensive trip. I know a few people whos luggage hasnt been on the luggage belt.

Our previous trip to Orlando we were delayed and arrived very late. It was so useful knowing that the clothes were ready at hand for a early start the next morning.

Originally Posted by Egon View Post
a change of clothes is definitely a must!
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Definitely clothes for your first day. 2 reasons for this, the obvious, if your luggage goes missing then you dont loose a day, and the second is, it really helps if you havent unpacked everything.

The first ever time we travelled and I didnt pack spare clothes in our hand cases was a short break flight in the UK and our cases went missing for 5 hours. Would never risk this on a long haul expensive trip. I know a few people whos luggage hasnt been on the luggage belt.

Our previous trip to Orlando we were delayed and arrived very late. It was so useful knowing that the clothes were ready at hand for a early start the next morning.

I don’t take clothes for the first day, but we pack across 4 cases so everyone has stuff in each other’s to mitigate.
Old 28 May 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

When I say first day, I mean first full day. So shorts and t shirts. Anything needed for the first day to the parks.

We also pack across cases, but as i say, I know a few people who found none of their cases arrived.

One was due to a printing error on the suitcase labels, so all 4 cases had the wrong labels and went on their own vacation.
Another we know, had very colourful unusual suitcases that stand out. Unfortunately someone else had the exact same cases the day they flew. Of course they collected their (well wrong cases) and were gone before they got to the luggage belt.

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
I don’t take clothes for the first day, but we pack across 4 cases so everyone has stuff in each other’s to mitigate.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Even more snacks!
Kids headphones for tablet / TV

We travelled with DS at 1.5 and 2.5 and other than the tablet i'd say stickers, magazine bought in airport and little cars were the most used. And the snacks of course!
Old 28 May 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurabelle84
Excited about Disney

We travelled last year with our almost 4 year old & we packed his trunkie with some of his fave figures from home (Hulk, Spiderman etc), some activity books, tablet, snacks, snacks & snacks! He was actually really good & watched a lot of the IFE & his tablet (we paid for the Wifi on board Virgin Atlantic) and also slept for a good few hours.

I also made plane activity bags for my cousins 2 sons who we were travelling with & put some snacks in there along with sticker books, games etc. The Works have great wee packs like 'build your own monster' to keep them entertained.

My cousin who we were travelling with made these fantastic pick n mix type boxes... although I think DH & I ate more of that than DS did

Edited at 03:49 PM.
Laurabelle84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List