Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 30 May 20, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by LoonyWitch View Post
Can someone point me in the direction of where it says cancellations through to September 2021? The only mention of this date I can see is that tickets have been extended through to this date if purchased before April 2020.

Also, it mentions in the cancellation policy that if you choose to amend your reservation, any existing offer (if applicable) will still be applied...surely this means free dining too? Providing you go once the temporary restrictions cease?

Any thoughts On the wording? I emailed Kenwood Travel earlier and they said they were awaiting official communication from Disney direct (which is frustrating as you would assume this information should have been available the moment they announced).
People have already moved to next year and not kept free dining so it’s unlikely that they will honour it. Of course we have no idea what Disney are doing with UK bookings so they may well agree that anyone moving to 2021 with free dining for this year will retain it. Unfortunately none of us can make firm plans until Disney get in touch.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by rsvdaz View Post
Sorry, haven’t read all of the thread so asking this cold. Has the QSDO also been cancelled? If so does it make sense - people are still going to be using this service and paying out of pocket, aren’t they?
It says dining plans so yes, I would think so.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by LoonyWitch View Post
Your interpretation of ‘if applicable’ is completely different to mine. The way I’m reading it is if your booking has an existing offer attached to it. I’m surprised the wording is so ambiguous.
I can understand your reading of it but my reading of it is the way it has always been interpreted by Disney before in a case of moving a booking. Don’t see how they would use the same wording and mean something different now.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
All I've had is an email stating they are looking into what this means for our/your bookings & will be contacted in due course. At this stage we are near enough resigned to moving to next year but don't really need a full week if it doesn't involve Free Dining IYKWIM, we'd probably do a couple of nights offsite then use our DVC & in that scenario would also eat the vast majority of our meals offsite as well.
Just to add "if applicable" in Disney sense means, if the offer would be available during your "moved" dates, this had been for Stays up to 3rd Oct but now no-one has FD. I think they have a bit of a nightmare on their hands as they had already moved US "Lockdown" guests in to Jun -Oct & they like the rest of us are finding out that they now have nothing.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LoonyWitch
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by nth09 View Post
I can understand your reading of it but my reading of it is the way it has always been interpreted by Disney before in a case of moving a booking. Don’t see how they would use the same wording and mean something different now.
Thanks for clarifying - I hadn’t realised they’d used the wording before.
LoonyWitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Not sure on the Sept 2021, it was certainly mentioned on either the Dis vlog or DFB, didn't make any sense to me but perhaps they've decided that that's far enough away that they don't have to keep moving dates as things develop?
Simple equation for us no FD then we will certainly eat a lot less Disney TS meals- there's not many that are worth Disney's prices TBH!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
junpit
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi

So at least I now know our holiday is toast. I’ve just cancelled car hire, I-drive hotel and airport hotel. Quite upsetting surprisingly.

I’ve been preparing myself for this as my head has been saying it makes no sense to go this year for ages. The reality of actually doing it is quite different.

That being said I’m interested to hear whether the stated 35% discount is going to apply to anyone like me who wants to move a booking from Aug 2020 to Aug 2021.

Can anyone confirm if they’ve been successful getting their stay moved with a discount?

Regards

Darren
Saratoga Springs (2013)Marriott Courtyard - LBV (2011)
Clarion Inn - LBV (2009)Quality Inn Plaza x 4 (2002 - 2007)
Best Western Plaza (2000)
junpit is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by junpit View Post
Hi

So at least I now know our holiday is toast. I’ve just cancelled car hire, I-drive hotel and airport hotel. Quite upsetting surprisingly.

I’ve been preparing myself for this as my head has been saying it makes no sense to go this year for ages. The reality of actually doing it is quite different.

That being said I’m interested to hear whether the stated 35% discount is going to apply to anyone like me who wants to move a booking from Aug 2020 to Aug 2021.

Can anyone confirm if they’ve been successful getting their stay moved with a discount?

Regards

Darren
I believe it’s been confirmed that the 35% is for US guests. UK guests are still waiting to hear. The email Disney sent asked that we don’t call them as they’ll be in touch.

Trip Report Index
Old 31 May 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

I’ve already moved my flight and HRH but was waiting out to see FDDP status before I move Disney so will wait and see what happens ..

Mind I saw on FBook yesterday that one of my freinds received a call from TUI to tell her dining plan has been scrapped and that they would rebook to next year for her straight away ... she changed booking yesterday and posted about how helpful they were .. (I was gutted as i didn’t know or I would have told her to wait 🤦🏻) .. I think this was pants from TUI as I’m assuming she will now not be entitled to any offer. I am assuming this is just our local branch as I haven’t heard anything on here about it happening to anyone else xx
Old 31 May 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jimmy-google
Excited about Disney

What I don't really understand about cancelling all dining plans is that despite reduced capacity people will still need to eat. There'll probably be a high dependency on quick service with people still needing 2 meals a day. Doesn't make sense to me why quick service dining plans would be cancelled.

I understand anything higher would need to be removed. Maybe even replaced with a new dining plan that is cheaper and takes in to account there are no character meals, and probably no show/meal packages.
TDR - 2019
jimmy-google is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List