Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 29 May 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile not doing Disney

Ok so at the moment with DDP cancelled and other stuff I'm thinking of cancelling my 10 day stay ay POR. We have 5 days booked at Universals RPR. I can't cancel flights yet as they are booked with BA DIY. My question is, if i cancel the disney part I just want a roughly cheaper hotel maybe on idrive. What do you suggest we do for the 10 days, not so keen on buying tickets for other parks as want to spend as little as we can to maybe go again next year.
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

What about staying at one of the cheaper Universal hotels? That way you still get the free transport and early entry etc, without the hefty price tag of the express pass hotels?

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’re already booked for 5 nights at Cabana bay & I’m thinking of adding another 5 & cancelling our 11 nights at Disney completely. We just wanna holiday now & there seems less restrictions at US & will save us money so we can Hopefully go back next yr or 2022. We can visit Disney Springs too.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
spongebob10
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I am thinking of doing exactly the same and cancelling the Disney part. I would hope that they will offer a discount for reservations that included the dining plan but the discount of 35% only seems to be if you change to a later date?

Been looking on booking.com there are some nice hotels on I-drive that you can pay for when you arrive x
Old 29 May 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

We're down to bare bones now. Just BA flights/car and 5 nights in a villa. No other accommodation, No tickets, no Universal, no Disney.

Parks are really out of the question for us so we are considering a tour of Florida...starting in the villa we have booked.

Got about 4 weeks until we have to make any significant decisions. If the flights are going at that point and the risk looks reasonable we'll pay flights balance and firm up accommodation plans.

All assumes FCO advice has changed and no quarantine either side.

If not it's 2022 for us! And if no free DDP it'll be California not Florida.

Edited at 11:04 AM.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Really disappointed this would have our first trip for 16 years and first as a family.
We'll probably move to May next year and take 35% discount. Does anyone know if that can be used on any Disney resort hotel? Might look at an upgrade.
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

I think we might make a reservation at one of the cheaper Universal hotels in case the flight goes.
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ritz View Post
Really disappointed this would have our first trip for 16 years and first as a family.
We'll probably move to May next year and take 35% discount. Does anyone know if that can be used on any Disney resort hotel? Might look at an upgrade.
Nobody knows if the 35% will be given to the Brit’s yet. The statement today was for American guests
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Buttercup1982 View Post
Ok so at the moment with DDP cancelled and other stuff I'm thinking of cancelling my 10 day stay ay POR. We have 5 days booked at Universals RPR. I can't cancel flights yet as they are booked with BA DIY. My question is, if i cancel the disney part I just want a roughly cheaper hotel maybe on idrive. What do you suggest we do for the 10 days, not so keen on buying tickets for other parks as want to spend as little as we can to maybe go again next year.
I would keep the RPR but then move to another Universal hotel for the remaining days. Presuming you will get 14 day universal tickets anyway so you can pop back easily if you fancy it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jokeybhoy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I would cancel all they hotel bookings and just do a cabana bay stay. You won't need the express pass benefits of the RPR if you plan 2 or 3 half days at each park. Last year we just did from opening til the lunch time crowd began then back to the pool. We managed to comfortably do everything In boths parks.
Jokeybhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List