Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 21 Oct 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Best gift you ever received

Following on from the worst gift thread. What is your best gift?
Mine was from my daughter a couple of years ago. She had used the couple of pound I had given her to buy a drink etc whilst shopping with friends (she was 14 at the time) she bought a glass photo frame and printed a family photo off of us all in Disney and put it in the frame.
She had never bought me anything off her own back before, not without shopping with her dad etc
It was so unexpected and a really good picture I almost cried!

She now has a part time job whilst at college, for my birthday the other day she bought me the Primark Disney advent calendar... she knows me well lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I don’t know how old I was but I can still remember the joy on Christmas morning when I received a handmade dolls house. I thought it was beautiful - it was white with a red roof and flowers painted up the side of the front door. I kept it for years but my mother gave it away (without telling me).

It would have been a nice heirloom.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Cez
Getting Excited

Cez's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
There are so many gifts I have loved but one that stands out is my now husband proposed to me and bought me swimming with dolphins at Discovery Cove. He earned some brownie points

DLP 2016
Cez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsGrumpy
Apprentice Imagineer

Probably one of my favourites was from my youngest son when he was 18. He is always one for thoughtful gifts and that year he bought me two shares in my favourite football team (Watford ). Meant the world to me.
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

When I was 5, my dad made me a beautiful, wooden doll's house (well, bungalow really). He had carefully built it, and then mum decorated it with wallpapered walls, a wallpaper-tiled roof (which hinged open), velvet roses around the front door, and a blue painted serving hatch between the kitchen and the dining room. Everything worked, the windows opened, as did the serving hatch and doors. There was also a fireplace in the lounge, with tiny pieces of real coal (we had a coal fire then) and bits of screwed up shiny red paper for flames. There was even a framed painting over the fireplace, which was the well-known "green lady" painting from the 1970s.

I LOVED this bungalow with a passion, and played with it for years. When I was about 15, my mum gave it to her friend who was a nursery school teacher, for the school, without telling me - I was devastated. It would have been a lovely thing to pass onto my granddaughter, who is now 3!
Old 21 Oct 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My son but he came on NY Day so a bit of a late Christmas present, I love most things. My other son made me a book about our Westie last year he had no money and no job and it is lovely. He sold some things on ebay and bought it, My dd also got us a photo album, us and the dog and filled photos and put in funny slogans which I love. I have had lots of nice presents over the years, if I say to dh I want that jumper he’ll get you that jumper and nothing else!
Old 23 Oct 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Last year DH had our VHS home videos transferred to DVD and gave them to me for Christmas.

It’s lovely seeing our 27 year old son and 26 year old daughter as babies. Our wedding day and seeing our dear departed relatives enjoying themselves. Not so great is our DD tap dancing shows, they went on for hours! She appeared in 2, fast forward that one!

Lovely thoughtful gift 💝
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
I don’t know how old I was but I can still remember the joy on Christmas morning when I received a handmade dolls house. I thought it was beautiful - it was white with a red roof and flowers painted up the side of the front door. I kept it for years but my mother gave it away (without telling me).

It would have been a nice heirloom.
Are you my sister!?!
I had one which sounds almost the same and I came home from high school one day to see a neighbours child playing with it - because I hadn't used it for a while and she thought I was too old. Every time I think about it I still get annoyed - and it was 50 years ago
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

22 years ago this Christmas, my nieces and nephew (and their Dad, my brother) gave me Eric the cat. They had asked me first so I was ready and waiting for him.

As you know, that gift lasted until 31 July this year, just a couple of months short of his 22nd birthday.

I never have nor ever will receive another such precious a gift 💝
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

When I was 12 my mum gave me one of those bedroom bins which had a fluffy cover with a face on it (anyone else remember them?I called it Dusty Bin) and inside it was filled with makeup, hairspray, skin care etc all of my own. It was the best present ever and I still say so to this day.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List