Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 Jan 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

Hi,

I went while I was pregnant with twins, it was a bit of a different trip but still absolutely amazing and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. We still did a few rides as there are some of the tamer rides that are OK, do check them all first though as some that we thought were fairly tame had warning signs on saying you shouldn't ride if pregnant so we didn't obviously.

We just took it easy, lots of breaks in the air con (we went in August so it was mega hot) and lots of drinks to stay hydrated, we ate little and often as I couldn't manage big meals and had snacks in my bag for when I felt my energy levels dropping.

I would also echo what is said above re: insurance. I rang my insurance company and they informed me they did not need to know about my pregnancy as, unless you have complications, it is not classed as a medical condition however I insisted it was noted on my paperwork that I had told them as I didn't want them to have any excuse to wriggle out of a claim if I needed to make one. So just something to be aware of.
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Pollita
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I went at the end of my first trimester, and it was fine apart from the exhaustion and sickness. Just had to take things a lot slower, ensured I drank plenty of water (easy to forget) and packed lots of snacks to make sure I ate stuff that I could stomach/would help with the nausea.

In many ways it would have been easier going in my second trimester except I developed sciatica so no idea how I would have managed then!
Old 31 Jan 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
chids
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I went in 2011 when I was around 14 weeks pregnant. it was fine. I took it easier than normal, made sure I drunk plenty and didn't feel as though I missed out on anything at all.
We'd been lots of times before so had an idea of rides that I might be able to enjoy with minimal risks, I still rode things like one fish two fish and carousel thingy in Seuss landings.
Go and have a fab time. It'll probably be a different type of holiday but I'm sure you will still enjoy it
Old 31 Jan 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I went in both my second and third pregnancies in the early second trimester, and had also been to California including Disneyland at a similar stage in my first pregnancy. With my youngest it was a trip in August so very hot and humid too.

It meant sitting out some rides, but there is still plenty you can do as there aren’t that many Disney rides that are not recommended (I will also admit I made my own judgements and went on Kilimanjaro Safari even though they it says it isn’t suitable). Just make sure you have plenty to drink and allow time to rest. And you are at higher risk of blood clots, so make sure you keep moving on the flight
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ginnyfish
Getting Excited

Congratulations! The same thing happened to me 3 years ago, booked, then fell pregnant. In the end, due to past complications, I decided to cancel. When September came round (when we where due to go) I regretted it. However, my husband said we should book a holiday for when the little one would be one, the following December. This cheered me up no end and we used the money we had saved for that years trip to pay for it (would have never been able to afford it if not). We had an amazing time, and the in-laws joined us to be there for our sons first birthday. Maybe if you do decide to cancel, you could do something like this?
Old 31 Jan 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney1
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I've been twice in the last 4 years and both times ended up pregnant after we had booked. First time I was 20 weeks and it was june, I struggled more with the heat than I normally would but if I was struggling would just take time out and go swimming or something. Had a fantastic time and like someone else said people watching at Disney is fun. The 2nd time I was 10 weeks and went in January the weather was perfect not too hot so wasn't as exhausted. There is plenty to do at Disney that isn't rides and I'm sure you will have a fantastic holiday. Congratulations.
Disney1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessBelle96
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Great thank you!
PrincessBelle96 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
AlwaysWishing
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I went in 2018 and I found out the day before we went and I didnt have a clue how far along i was. I was very tired and did have sickness too but I had an amazing time still. Congratulations!x
AlwaysWishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post

It depends! I have had bad pregancies, nausea til 15/18 weeks then bad back in 3rd trimester so for me it wouldnt have been worth it, so depends on how u feel but either way, insurance!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Don't do any rides.

In 2000 my wife and I visited and we had a wonderful time.
Upon returning, my wife's period was late and found out she was pregnant.

We had ridden every ride possible, Had a great time.

Three weeks later she miscarried. We'll never know if that was the reason.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List