Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 10 Feb 20, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Macca04 View Post
We watched the whole series yesterday too. Unusual for us having a Saturday afternoon/evening to ourselves and after a busy week it was just what we needed. We thought it was really good. Being Southerners though couldn’t work out where it was supposed to be set.

I read the book a few years ago and thought that was good too.
It was set around Manchester and Stockport. The actual cafe was in Manchester near the Catherdral but when Jennifer Saunders walked to her car, it was Stockport!
I love watching programmes set in Manchester, especially when the continuity is all over the place!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 02:04 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Some of it was also filmed in Bolton town centre.
The exterior parts at the sports club was filmed in a place called Monton which is a suburb of Salford.

We have watched 6 episodes up to now, we will have to wait until next weekend to watch the final 2 as we want to watch it together. Fabulous tv.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by joanne42 View Post
The only good thing to come ftom the storm today, perfect day to binge watch the whole series ,not normally one for doing this but was gripped
Now deciding what to watch next ?
We’ve started watching ‘You’.
It’s pretty good. Onto series 2 already

Edited at 12:17 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
It was set around Manchester and Stockport. The actual cafe was in Manchester near the Catherdral but when Jennifer Saunders walked to her car, it was Stockport!
I love watching programmes set in Manchester, especially when the continuity is all over the place!
The train station when they were following the signal on the phone was Stockport - my friend lives there and I have used that station many a time as for some reason the train always stops there before and after Manchester Picadilly
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

We binge watched it all yesterday and loved it. I think they will do another series as there are so many threads that need tying up. I think Adams dad has something to do with the guy that Kimberley was meeting through the sugar babes website.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Just finished the last one yesterday, brilliant!

Now I’ve nothing to watch 😫
Old 10 Feb 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

Watched the last 4 episodes last night and thought it was brilliant.
Old 10 Feb 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Still waiting to watch this🙄. My daughter and I are both off on Thursday and Friday so hope to binge watch then🤞.
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We watched it over Sat evening and Sun afternoon - very good
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
stevo25
Very Serious Dibber

Very enjoyable, binged watched it all yesterday during the c@appy weather
stevo25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List