Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Feb 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Breakfast- Tusker or Garden Grill

We have 6 TS credits for our onsite stay and I’m generally trying to avoid breakfasts (this time!). But my youngest’s request was for one of these 2...both in the park, which has benefits; both breakfast food which they know they like; both characters they want to see...

I’m not massively leaning in either direction, but it will only be one of them, what would you do? And would you go for an EARLY one on non EMH day or a mid morning one?
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

We enjoy Garden Grill more as a setting as it feels more calm rather than tusker house which is a big restaurant with people moving around getting buffet items.

Saying that I would say the foot variety is better as tusker house as it is a buffet where as garden grill is severed as a sharing platter to your table but the food always feel fresher.

Character wise we've had better interactions at Garden Grill but it is Mickey, chip n dale and pluto at GG so a little different to Tusker but chip and dale were awesome and not as easy to see elsewhere in the parks.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

You’re going to get so many different opinions!

Garden grill is a no from us, sorry! We feel the food isn’t up to standard.
Tusker house is great and the kids always enjoy it.
Old 12 Feb 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post

I have only been to Tusker House of the two, the food is lovely and I imagine a lot more variety than available to Garden Grill. Whichever one I picked, I would book for mid morning as I don't see any particular advantage to getting into either park early.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Gbnomore
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Tusker house was great fun. We did a EMH day but booked for quite late in the morning and they’d started to put lunch dishes out before we left so we tried quite a wide variety of food. We got quite a few rides in for EMH, did a FP of the safari, then had our other FPs straight afterwards. It was our first day and I felt we’d got loads in before we left at around 2 for a nap and some chill out time!
Gbnomore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I've had breakfast in Tusker House a lot and it's never let me down, I rate it way better than any other character meals, although I've not been to Garden Grill, for some reason I book it then end up cancelling. The food in Tuskers is really good.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I haven’t done Tusker House, but we enjoyed Garden Grill breakfast, the food was good and it was nice having a character meal where you weren’t going up and down to the buffet. The rotating element made it a bit different too. We did pre park opening and then got straight on Soarin afterwards ahead of the crowds, plus walking through an empty Epcot to get there was nice too
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks all - it's a tough call, I think we'll see how the day planning works out and then make a booking...
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
outofdate
Excited about Disney

outofdate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We loved garden grill. Good food and great interactions. We booked for 8, so it was quiet and lots of time with characters. And then off to front of line for soaring! We didn’t enjoy tusker house, we found it a bit chaotic, we normally love buffets.