Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Feb 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

We run an Easter event for the kids every year, when we see Easter Egg's on a good deal we buy a trolly load, we normally hand out over 200 eggs so the savings can add up. We've never been questioned regarding it.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
We run an Easter event for the kids every year, when we see Easter Egg's on a good deal we buy a trolly load, we normally hand out over 200 eggs so the savings can add up. We've never been questioned regarding it.
Is that why you’re called Mrs Egg?
Old 12 Feb 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
name gives it away
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

haha I hadn't actually thought of it (it's part of my last name) but I suppose the name fits
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Well I really hope you're all right and it's for a genuine cause but still not convinced.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I could probably eat them all myself.
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

At boys brigade we used to have a tuck shop, one of the lads (7 years old at the time) would be first in the queue, spent all his pocket money one the most liked type of sweet, then sell them to the other boys at a profit. He is not in his 20's and have a job that pays an eye watering salary - We considered stopping him, but at the end of the day we admired him for it.
If people want cheap Easter Eggs get them from the supermarkets now, cause we know the cheap ones always sell out
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Why would it be illegal? I work for Tesco and at Christmas a man bought a whole pallet of quality street for £3.50 per tub. Sold them at his shop for £5 per tub. People are willing to pay it. It’s probably cheaper for him to buy via a supermarket than wholesale. Large supermarkets can get better deals than small shops. Good entrepreneurial skills in my opinion. You don’t need to buy the Easter eggs he’s selling but someone obviously will. Don’t know why it would even bother you really? If he cleared the shelves ask a worker if there is more in the back. It’s also February, highly likely there will be more offers elsewhere. Our Easter eggs at Tesco haven’t gone on sale yet and we have loads of offers each year
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

I do hope no one thinks my husband buys Easter eggs (and selection boxes at Christmas) when on offer to re sell for a profit. He would be devastated because he buys these out of his own money for the lads in the rugby team he coaches.
Many times he picks them up for the other age groups and their coach gives him the money so he can buy 60 at a time that generally takes two trolleys (I push one too)
It’s sad to think people automatically assume someone is doing something bad rather than doing something good.

Edited at 05:12 PM.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Our school PTA has an Easter Egg hunt for the whole school which is about 140, so he could well have been buying for something like that. I have also bought massive numbers of selection packs in the past for PTA purposes
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List