Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 25 Feb 20, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyAug2020
New Poster (3)

Disney park to another Disney park

Hello,

This is going to be mine and my families first trip to Disney, and as we don't plan on hiring a car, I wanted to ask about getting between the Disney parks, if for example one day we wanted to spend the day in MK, but then the evening in Epcot?

Is there free, and importantly easy transportation available between MK, Epcot, HS and AK... or would we need to catch a taxi/Uber?

If it makes any difference, we are not staying at a Disney hotel

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you, Paul
DisneyAug2020 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
STEBEE25
Excited about Disney

Once you get to the first park there are buses to all other parks. Monorail goes from MK to Epcot, skyline Hollywood to Epcot as well as boat. Animal kingdom farther away bus only, unless you use taxi, but buses are regular and fine.
STEBEE25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Anyone can use Disney transport, it's free and you don't need to be staying on site to use it.

There are multiple ways of getting between the Disney parks, and they are all linked to each other by Disney transportation.

Magic Kingdom to:
- Epcot: by boat or monorail (or sometimes bus) to the TTC, then monorail from TTC to Epcot.
- DHS: by bus
- AK: by bus

Epcot (main entrance) to:
- DHS: by bus
- AK: by bus
- MK: monorail to TTC, then boat/monorail/(or bus) to MK

Epcot (international gateway entrance) to:
- DHS: walking (about 25 minutes depending on walking speed), boat (about 30 minutes but need to wait for boat), Skyliner (about 20 minutes with change at CBR).
- MK/AK: no direct route, but if necessary you can walk to the Beach Club bus stop and take the bus from there to MK/AK.

DHS to:
- MK: bus
- Epcot: see above options (walking/boat/Skyliner/bus)
- AK: bus

AK to:
- All parks: bus

There are also some other workarounds involving going to the nearest resorts...
Old 26 Feb 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I can't add to the excellent detail provided by sky13 - mainly because we haven't been to a park since 2010 and always hire a car.

However as sky says all WDW transport (bus, boat, monorail and, I guess, skyliner) is free to all WDW guests. A guest is defined as anyone visiting any Disney facility.

You don't need to be a resort guest, have park tickets or a dining reservation to use it.

Every holiday at least once and sometimes twice we park up at Disney Springs and do a tour of the resorts using all types of transport.

Mick
Old 26 Feb 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by DisneyAug2020 View Post
Is there free, and importantly easy transportation available between MK, Epcot, HS and AK... or would we need to catch a taxi/Uber?
Yes, there is free and easy transportation between the parks.

I've never hired a car nor used a taxi/Uber to get between the Disney parks. I either use the monorail (between Epcot and MK) or the buses between the others.

If you are pushed for time and want quick transportation between the parks then an uber or taxi can be a better option in some cases.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyAug2020
New Poster (3)

Thank you all for taking the time to answer my questions.
DisneyAug2020 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List