Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Feb 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mintybadger
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Omg! that’s crazy!
mintybadger is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Lottie2004
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We spoke with a Cast Member on 19/2 at Animal Kingdom and she said it was busier then Christmas !
It was crazy ! But we still had an amazing time xx
Lottie2004 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dad 50
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

I’m kinda hoping that everybody’s going now instead of this summer when I’m there. Don’t think I could handle those crowds.
Disney Dad 50 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
And to think, just a few months ago there was discussion about Disney increasing prices so much that attendance was down and people were no longer visiting. A part of me wishes the increased prices were putting people off. Sadly, they don't.

Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
Talking to local people, they're of the opinion that there is no quiet time any more and tourism is rife
There might not be any quiet times any more, but there are quieter times and busier times - although I suspect the difference is getting less and less.

Looking at the graphs Stu posted, the very beginning of this month was quieter than it is currently. And there are other times of the year when it's quieter (not quiet, but less busy).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
We're here in WDW and yes, definitely very busy! This was the queue at MK bag check this morning:

This was around 9:15 AM. Took forever to get through! We were in AK yesterday and it was super busy as well. We're still having a great time though, with our DD3 we're not riding any of the headliner rides anyway, and just doing our 3 FPs a day plus some character meets is perfect for us. But for other families, especially with older kids, I can imagine this is really frustrating.

It definitely feels as busy as it was when we went at Christmas and New Years last year!
Wow! That’s crazy! I hope it’s not like this in August... those queues combined with the heat will mean an awful lot of pool days, lol
Old 27 Feb 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

omg how busy is that... my flights aren't booked for end of sept yet, looking at that, just makes me rethink it all considering the flights are so so expensive..

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mintybadger
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mintybadger View Post
just having a little browse on touring plans and apparently actual crowd levels yesterday were a 10 in every park except epcot, a 7. is this time of year always this busy? seems insane. Are parks getting busier year on year?

what concerned me about these stats above was that the actual crowds were at least 2 levels higher than touring plans predicted for those days.

Depending on what school my daughter gets into we will be going middle of august to end or end of august into early september. Average days around these times are 6’s which i can handle, 9 and 10’s not so much.

Parks seem to be getting busier year on year and i have a feeling this might be our last trip for a while. i hope we enjoy this trip but I think we will be ready to do something different next year.
mintybadger is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mintybadger View Post
what concerned me about these stats above was that the actual crowds were at least 2 levels higher than touring plans predicted for those days.

Depending on what school my daughter gets into we will be going middle of august to end or end of august into early september. Average days around these times are 6’s which i can handle, 9 and 10’s not so much.

Parks seem to be getting busier year on year and i have a feeling this might be our last trip for a while. i hope we enjoy this trip but I think we will be ready to do something different next year.
Ah yes but, as Touring Plans themselves have said, a 9 or 10 in February is not the same as a 9 or 10 in August.

I have no idea what TP's crowd levels actually mean. They make em up as they go along.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

We are here now as well and it is a lot busier than when we went in September last year.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We always go in September because it's usually quiet but I've noticed Disney becoming very busy even in September now. All the other parks like Universal and Busch Gardens were fine though.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List