Notices

Old 29 Dec 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
This is it, day 16, the last day of our 2019 Orlando adventure is written and has been posted.

It was a great day actually as we did a lap of honour at Island's and a couple of rides and shows at US before eating at Hard Rock and then heading home.

Enjoy reading

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mini Update

As is customary with a trip report I am writing about our highs, lows and future plans. But this is taking more time than the other days have taken to write up as I'm trying to collate the ideas of 6 people and it's not just my thoughts.

I asked Dave, Max and Kate 5 days after we got home for their highs and lows, favourite rides, shows and parks. I figured as it was all recent they would be able to remember it clearly and this would be better than waiting until I’d finished writing the trip report. It was all shared in a bit of a jumble so I’ve tried to group their thoughts together into categories.

As part of their Christmas present I gave Mum and Dad a photo book of our Orlando 2019 holiday and I asked them for their highs and lows. I thought the photos would help prompt them and remind them of what we did. I had to try and interpret their thoughts and figure out what they were talking about as they found it difficult to remember the real names of things.

Here is a brief snippet of what is to come.

Dad "I liked the food" .
Me Anything in particular?
Dad "All of it"
Me This is supposed to be a summary of the best bits
Dad "Erm... the waffle fries"
Me ok then

As a low Dad said "I was sad not to do the lazy river more than once."
So I asked which lazy river?
Dad "Erm..."
I then described all the lazy rivers. He’s not sure which one and we never did get to the bottom of it. But that was one of his lows.

I asked about fireworks and Mum said "Oh yes I liked them"
Me Which ones? but of course I knew this was a ridiculous question to ask as I knew where this was heading
Mum "The ones over the lake"
So I asked Illuminations or Rivers of Light?
Again, I’m not entirely sure which ones, but she did like all the fireworks

So, as you can see I've got a lot of translation and interpreting to do . I've kept up to date with the posting weekly, but I think this week will end up being posted late. I hope to get it to you soon, but it's taking longer than expected.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Mini Update

As is customary with a trip report I am writing about our highs, lows and future plans. But this is taking more time than the other days have taken to write up as I'm trying to collate the ideas of 6 people and it's not just my thoughts.

I asked Dave, Max and Kate 5 days after we got home for their highs and lows, favourite rides, shows and parks. I figured as it was all recent they would be able to remember it clearly and this would be better than waiting until I’d finished writing the trip report. It was all shared in a bit of a jumble so I’ve tried to group their thoughts together into categories.

As part of their Christmas present I gave Mum and Dad a photo book of our Orlando 2019 holiday and I asked them for their highs and lows. I thought the photos would help prompt them and remind them of what we did. I had to try and interpret their thoughts and figure out what they were talking about as they found it difficult to remember the real names of things.

Here is a brief snippet of what is to come.

Dad "I liked the food" .
Me Anything in particular?
Dad "All of it"
Me This is supposed to be a summary of the best bits
Dad "Erm... the waffle fries"
Me ok then

As a low Dad said "I was sad not to do the lazy river more than once."
So I asked which lazy river?
Dad "Erm..."
I then described all the lazy rivers. He’s not sure which one and we never did get to the bottom of it. But that was one of his lows.

I asked about fireworks and Mum said "Oh yes I liked them"
Me Which ones? but of course I knew this was a ridiculous question to ask as I knew where this was heading
Mum "The ones over the lake"
So I asked Illuminations or Rivers of Light?
Again, I’m not entirely sure which ones, but she did like all the fireworks

So, as you can see I've got a lot of translation and interpreting to do . I've kept up to date with the posting weekly, but I think this week will end up being posted late. I hope to get it to you soon, but it's taking longer than expected.
I love your parents’ summaries looking forward to your highs and lows once you can unravel it all!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Your parents summaries are like Chris's don't worry about getting it out on time I'm sure we can all wait Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
I love your parents’ summaries looking forward to your highs and lows once you can unravel it all!
I'm halfway through writing it up. It's not that they can't remember the trip, rather they don't know what the names of every thing is so figuring out what they mean is hard.

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Your parents summaries are like Chris's don't worry about getting it out on time I'm sure we can all wait Xx
It was infuriating and hilarious at the same time. I decided to record the conversation as it would be easier than taking notes. My dad was eating peanuts at the time so that is rather loud on the recording. It's a bit distracting for me I'm back to work tomorrow so it will be next weekend for the final post.

Old 6 Jan 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

It was infuriating and hilarious at the same time. I decided to record the conversation as it would be easier than taking notes. My dad was eating peanuts at the time so that is rather loud on the recording. It's a bit distracting for me I'm back to work tomorrow so it will be next weekend for the final post.
That is hilarious! I can just imagine the peanut crunching on the audio thank you for persevering for us Abby! Looking forward to reading the last post.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
That is hilarious! I can just imagine the peanut crunching on the audio thank you for persevering for us Abby! Looking forward to reading the last post.
Hmm I even said that the sound of the peanuts cracking would be really loud, but it didn't stop him. They were the ones in shells that you have to break open to eat honestly it was exasperating.

Old 7 Jan 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
It's here

Highs, lows and future plans are now posted. Including Mum and Dad's thoughts in their own post.

The End

Old 7 Jan 20, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
It's here

Highs, lows and future plans are now posted. Including Mum and Dad's thoughts in their own post.

The End

It's not the end - just the start of the next one

Thanks for such a fab Trip report again and was great to meet up with you all.
Such special memories typed up forever a record for years to come.

Enjoy your countdown

xx

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
It's not the end - just the start of the next one

Thanks for such a fab Trip report again and was great to meet up with you all.
Such special memories typed up forever a record for years to come.

Enjoy your countdown

xx
Indeed, the end of one trip is just a segue into the next one. I love writing about our adventures and it's not a chore to share it with all the lovely people on the Dibb. Plus as you say we have memories that may dwindle or fade, but it is all recorded for the future.

I'm looking forward to the ADR planning. I keep checking the busy day guide for August every day, I'm desperate for the wdw parks to be added so I can get on with the planning.

I'm glad you enjoyed reading it