Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Dec 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Don't you love shopping at this time of year?

We thought we would get to Marks before it opened, but others has the same idea. An elderly man who must have been about 75-80 years old decided to push his trolley through everyone including myself which I thought was quite amusing (better than being angry I guess).

Edited at 11:58 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mickey

As you may know I'm 74 next month so I can certainly empathise with your trolley man.

I usually wear a sign on my back when I'm shopping at M&S (other food retailers are available ) saying:-

"CAUTION - I stop suddenly for no apparent reason"

Mick
Old 22 Dec 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Is that people inline just to get into the store ?

Glad I am not doing Christmas is any form this year after my just dreadful year and escaping from it all

Edited at 12:07 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Mickey

As you may know I'm 74 next month so I can certainly empathise with your trolley man.

I usually wear a sign on my back when I'm shopping at M&S (other food retailers are available ) saying:-

Mick
You beat me to it, I was trying to formulate a reply on being elderly at 75!
At any age I wouldn't consider shopping today, pure madness in the shops.
Old 22 Dec 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
You beat me to it, I was trying to formulate a reply on being elderly at 75!
At any age I wouldn't consider shopping today, pure madness in the shops.
I always smile at Dibbers who ask for tips about going to Florida with their "elderly" parents. Transpires they are usually in their early 60s.

Mick
Old 22 Dec 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Go to marks and Spencer’s in Westway Greenford it’s a joy, getting in and out of the car park can be a pain. I’ve never seen that M&S packed yet! We are off to sainsburys tomorrow and I’m prepared for two hours of madness
Old 22 Dec 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

I always smile at Dibbers who ask for tips about going to Florida with their "elderly" parents. Transpires they are usually in their early 60s.

Mick
Yep, we went AI in Cyprus which was amazing in every way but full of old people, we looked round the lounge one night and hot footed it to Starbucks for a bit of younger company!

Sorry to derail your thread!

Edited at 12:19 PM.
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Go to marks and Spencer’s in Westway Greenford it’s a joy, getting in and out of the car park can be a pain. I’ve never seen that M&S packed yet! We are off to sainsburys tomorrow and I’m prepared for two hours of madness
Sandra

Thanks for the tip but a bit of a stretch from Warwickshire.

Our nearest is a mixed M&S store in Rugby but there's a food only shop on the edge of Coventry not much further away but always seems easier to park.

Mick
Old 22 Dec 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mickey

Mick
Mick It depends on the person, my fil is 79 and has aged dramatically and has slowed down and is forgetting everything. My aunt who’s 81 is up for everything, she’s coming to Toronto next year with us and danced the night away at her 80th last year. MH was a bit insensitive and he’s usually such a sensitive soul!
Old 22 Dec 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Mick It depends on the person, my fil is 79 and has aged dramatically and has slowed down and is forgetting everything. My aunt who’s 81 is up for everything, she’s coming to Toronto next year with us and danced the night away at her 80th last year. MH was a bit insensitive and he’s usually such a sensitive soul!
Sandra

The problem with MH is that he just works too hard for a man of his age. I've told him to slow down a bit next year and limit himself to 4 hour's work a week.

Mick