Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Feb 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarky
I want to go now!

Misunderstanding Early Morning Magic!

A little advice please - I wrote the above on my itinerary for 28th May assuming we could just enter Fantasy Land at 7.45am and whizz round some rides before breakfast at BOG at 9.35am. I've just realised that this is a paid for event which would cost the 5 of us over $400! So that is out the question. My question is would you still keep the reservation and head to the park that day anyway - the park opens at 9am and it will be the first time any of us (2 adults and 3 kids) have been... are we wasting time strolling over to breakfast which by the time we have finished everywhere will be heaving or carry on and just try and grab some FPs from say 11am onwards and take it easy? Plan is to do as long as possible in Magic Kingdom on 28th and 29th.

Any advice would be much appreciated! x
Clarky is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Brave5
Apprentice Imagineer

If BOG is somewhere you really wanted to eat for Breakfast then I would probably go for rope drop (yes some people who paid extra will already be in) and try and get a ride or two or even just soak in the atmosphere prior to breakfast and save your fast passes for wherever you are planning to go in the evening or as you said for after breakfast? Make it more of a relaxing morning
Brave5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

I would say keep it!

Magic Kingdom has Evening Magic hours on the 27th so the 28th could potentially be a less crowded day.

We have the same plans for the 28th at the moment although our BOG reservation is at 10am as we were thinking of doing a ride or two then heading for breakfast. Although we have also penciled in the Evening Magic Hours on the 27th so depends if we get up or not!
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

If you can I would try and get a slightly later BOG, then you can make the most of the quieter first hour or so, have a break then use your FPs when it is busier. With 9.35 you won’t get to do much between park opening and going there
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
emsparkles
VIP Dibber

emsparkles's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Early morning Magic never gets the same volume of crowds as extra magic hours. Also The early morning magic (if im correct) is just fantasyland attractions so If you were to enter the park for rope drop you would be able to certainly get an attraction in before your breakfast reservation in either Adventure, Frontier or tomorrow land. Grab some fastpasses from 10.30am onwards then.

DVC Member: Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort- August 2001 February 2024
Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort- March 2020, October 2018 & 2023
Disney's Boardwalk Inn & Villas - February/March 2017 & 2016
Disney's Coronando Springs Resort - June 2013
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort - May 2012 & March 2022
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort - April 1995 & 1998
emsparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I would keep looking for an 8am BOG slot, that way you can be done with breakfast and back out in the park just before opening which will give you an advantage. You can then get on either SDMT or PP with little to no queue and be able to get several other things done quite quickly.

In my experience the Early Morning Magic doesn't impact crowds very much. If it were regular Extra Magic Hours for onsite guests that would be different!

If you can't snag an earlier slot then I would try and move it to a little later, you will be heading to eat when it's really the best time to jump in shorter queues for rides at the time you have.

Touring Plans have a reservation finder that is free to use and could help you out if no other slots are available right now

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
A little advice please - I wrote the above on my itinerary for 28th May assuming we could just enter Fantasy Land at 7.45am and whizz round some rides before breakfast at BOG at 9.35am. I've just realised that this is a paid for event which would cost the 5 of us over $400! So that is out the question. My question is would you still keep the reservation and head to the park that day anyway - the park opens at 9am and it will be the first time any of us (2 adults and 3 kids) have been... are we wasting time strolling over to breakfast which by the time we have finished everywhere will be heaving or carry on and just try and grab some FPs from say 11am onwards and take it easy? Plan is to do as long as possible in Magic Kingdom on 28th and 29th.

Any advice would be much appreciated! x

No I wouldn't keep the 9:35am BOG reservation, it coincides with the quietest time in the park and if you are getting there for opening you would be wanting to get some rides in without fastpasses whilst the queues are short.

I would either try to bring it forward to a pre park opening breakfast (8-8:30am) or change it to a later breakfast (about 10:30 a) or I would swap it to lunch.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

Hi I;m confused. So Early Morning Magic is different to Extra Magic Hours? We are staying on site for the first time. What do we get included. Is it Early Morning Magic or Extra Magic Hours?
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Tinklebell View Post
Hi I;m confused. So Early Morning Magic is different to Extra Magic Hours? We are staying on site for the first time. What do we get included. Is it Early Morning Magic or Extra Magic Hours?
Extra Magic Hours are the extra park hours onsite guests get included in their stay.

Early Morning Magic is a paid for special ticketed event available to anyone willing to pay. Disney also offer these in the evenings too at some parks called Disney After Hours and Disney Villains After Hours.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tinklebell View Post
Yes totally different, this is Early Morning Magic, it is a special ticketed event with breakfast and anyone can choose to pay to go to it.

disneyworld/dining...morning-magic/

Extra Magic Hours is extended opening times for onsite guests only.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List