Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Feb 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Graciesmummy
Getting Excited

Anyone flown with United Airlines recently?

We're booked with United from Heathrow in August, 18th to 31st indirect with good layover times, 2hrs ish in New York on the way and same on the way back but via Houston, we've paid £1780 with luggage for 2 adults, 1 teen and 1 child which we we're really happy with.
We've not actually flown with United for about 15 years so are not really sure what to expect, any opinions on United from anyone who has flown with them recently would be very gratefully received Thanks in advance
2001 Orlando and St Petes. 2002 Orlando. 2004 LA and Vegas. 2005 Vegas wedding and NYC honeymoon. 2007 Washington and RCI cruise. 2008 Vegas. 2009 Disney Anaheim. 2011 Miami and carnival cuise and Vegas. 2013 Miami and Carnival Cruise. 2015 Orlando and Cruise.
Graciesmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We flew with them to Orlando in 2017 via Newark our and Dulles back and we had great flights, all on time and went smoothly. We would travel with them again.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Graciesmummy
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
We flew with them to Orlando in 2017 via Newark our and Dulles back and we had great flights, all on time and went smoothly. We would travel with them again.
Thanks danisleigh
2001 Orlando and St Petes. 2002 Orlando. 2004 LA and Vegas. 2005 Vegas wedding and NYC honeymoon. 2007 Washington and RCI cruise. 2008 Vegas. 2009 Disney Anaheim. 2011 Miami and carnival cuise and Vegas. 2013 Miami and Carnival Cruise. 2015 Orlando and Cruise.
Graciesmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Grumps Mrs
VIP Dibber

We flew with them in January and will be flying with them again next month.
Flight to the US landed early (always a bonus) and the connection was very straightforward.
Return flight took off early from Orlando as they were trying to beat an incoming storm - we landed ahead of schedule, leaving plenty of time to browse and grab a pre-flight meal.
We've done the Houston connection before - the only downside there is the smaller number of food choices, although the lower risks of weather delays are definitely a plus (especially in the winter!).
Grumps Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JCT-UK
Dancing with Tink'

Not recently but flew with them in 2012 via Newark and then to Newark in 2013. Both times all was good (our Newark to MCO was delayed due to a mechanical problem but they did everything they could to not offload us and cancel the flight which resulted in a 2.5 hour delay but we got to MCO ok [and they comped us refreshments and entertainment during the delay]).

We’re flying with them again to MCO via Chicago and back again via Dulles in July.

Great prices and worth the indirect flights.
JCT-UK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyM
Getting Excited

We flew with them over Christmas and new year in to Tampa via Houston . I thought they were great. They send you text messages and updates all of the time to keep you informed. After I made the original booking they changed the flight times so the first flight left earlier and the connecting flight left later. This resulted in a 6 hour layover. I messages United via Twitter to ask if we could make an earlier connection and they changed the connection free of charge in 2 minutes flat. You can also select your seat immediately after the booking has been processed. I was impressed with how accommodating they were and actually thought I couldn’t imagine Virgin or BA doing it so simply. As it happens this week I’ve tried to have the same conversation with BA and they’ve quoted me nearly £800, £125 per person to alter a flight!
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Grumps Mrs
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If you register for updates they're really useful. I knew DH connecting flight was delayed before he did. I texted him the details of the next best available connections so he was able to request that as soon as he saw a member of staff.
They will text you if the flight is delayed/cancelled with details of the flight they have rebooked you onto, but you can also check if a different routing works better for you.
Had an overnight flight from LAX -MCO cancelled once and ended up flying via Chicago on an AA flight, meaning we arrived 4 hours late instead of 24!
Also if any flight is changed by more than 30 minutes they will let you change to an alternative free of charge
Grumps Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
smallgingerone
Earning More Ears

Does anyone know what the Kids meals are like on United. I have seen really mixed reviews and wondered whether it is worth choosing these for my two?
smallgingerone is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Used to airline of choice flew with them last year they were fine not as good as they used to be but food was inedible and I am not fussy. I would fly with them again but take my own food.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

We flew with them to Orlando 2 weeks ago, and will be flying back again in mid March again. Going over was Amsterdam-Newark-MCO and going back will be MCO-Washington-Amsterdam. The flight over was absolutely fine, we got served a breakfast and they had good options for the kids meal as well as for my vegan husband. Nice amount of legroom as well, and LOTS of movies on the entertainment system, far more than TUI. Absolutely no complaints and I'd definitely fly with them again.
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List