Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 1 Mar 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Russell Tovey is a brilliant actor, loved him in the drama Years and Years.
Imelda Staunton also brilliant, did not like creepy surgeon, I know we aren't supposed to take to the character but I felt he was overly creepy and had me thinking that he isn't what he is being made out to be. maybe makes out for another season where we find out the actual truth .
For the first time ever my lunch lady friends discussed a TV programme and the consensus was the surgeon would have been better played by someone like Nigel Havers. It was the only negative about the whole thing.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
For the first time ever my lunch lady friends discussed a TV programme and the consensus was the surgeon would have been better played by someone like Nigel Havers. It was the only negative about the whole thing.
I would have a problem with that - Havers once literally pushed me out of a queue for Taxis at Paddington station saying he was far too important to stand in line - I was gob smacked (as was the Taxi “concierge”) and I would happily have pushed him somewhere else with his arrogance so i will never watch him on TV now (and that was over 10 years ago)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I would have a problem with that - Havers once literally pushed me out of a queue for Taxis at Paddington station saying he was far too important to stand in line - I was gob smacked (as was the Taxi “concierge”) and I would happily have pushed him somewhere else with his arrogance so i will never watch him on TV now (and that was over 10 years ago)
Good grief, rude man!
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Grrrr! What a pompous idiot! Franki Dettori tried to do the same to me when we were getting in our cars at the end of a race meeting. I told him where to get off

Agree about the doctor role, didn't think Stephen Rae was quite the right person for the part.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

However, were in the Paddington taxi queue when our daughter was very tiny and I was struggling with luggage/pushchairs etc. Sir ( as he is now) Ian McKellan was in front of us and insisted that we went first and even helped us into the cab!

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Rude pig!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

I found Stephen Rae creepy (maybe his badly dyed hair helped ) but unconvincing as a cad which I think her children thought he was - but still still there is a lot more about him hidden in some wardrobe somewhere - maybe there will be a second series ? (I hope so )

Ian McK is a pure gent - met him a few times at Stonewall events (and he is a close friend of mines husbands best friend and only hear lovely things about him - got tickets to see him at The National later this month in interviewing Armistead Maupin)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

disappointing end imo & i agree he was too creepy and would have been better played in as more of a smartly dressed cad style..

left it open for a 2nd season though?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The thing is we are all mad for a second series but by the time they get round to making it we will have forgotten the details. It I will, we are actually rewatching Liar at the moment before we start the new series! 🙄
Old 2 Mar 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
The thing is we are all mad for a second series but by the time they get round to making it we will have forgotten the details. It I will, we are actually rewatching Liar at the moment before we start the new series! 🙄
Don't think I'm going to bother with the second series of Liar, I seem to think it went 'off the boil' for me towards the end.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List