Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Feb 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
TheKrow
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by infamousmax View Post
It's going to be busy sure, but it is busy every year.

Certain times are going to be rammed.

Avoid opening weeks of rides. Avoid Jan/April/June

We have not decided if we are going to go yet, but I'm sure it will have both advantages and disadvantages.

Take the Opening day of Star War's Galaxy's Edge in Orlando. It was packed to the brim, face to face. But the atmosphere was INCREDIBLE and I would not trade it for the world. It's a completely different experience and memory.

Sumit to keep in mind.

Why April?
Sep 05 - Villa | Aug 06 - Villa | Sep 07 - Villa | Dec 08 - DLP - Sequoia Lodge | Jun 12 - Rosen Pointe | Mar 14 - Doubletree SeaWorld | Sep 16 - Rosen Pointe | Aug 18 - DLP - Cheyenne | Apr 19 - Rosen Pointe | April 22 - Rosen Pointe | August 22 - DLP - Cheyenne | Feb 24 - Rosen Pointe
TheKrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
infamousmax
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by TheKrow View Post
Why April?
I've been in many holidays due to my other half being a teacher and out of them all (except Christmas never been then) April was ridiculous.

Mainly as I think it's the Americans spring break too.

Places were rammed and not in a nice way, lot's of angry drunk teens everywhere. I'm sure others have had lovely times in April and we did too kinda we just wouldn't pay the premium for April, especially since the weather is mediocre and unpredictable then.
infamousmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 03:02 AM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

We are planning on going for the 50th. My brother in law and sister in law are using it as their honeymoon.
God know what time we will have to get to Magic Kingdom on the 1st of October! Even if we just last a few hours will be happy to be there.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by TheKrow View Post
Why April?
We've been half a dozen times in total, mostly in August but once during the Easter holidays in April. The crowds around the Easter weekend were really bad, far worse than we've experienced at the end of July/early August.

Why January though? I'd have thought that was the quietest month, or am I missing something obvious?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Geffers
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

We are planning on visiting the 2nd half of April, arriving no earlier than the 17th. I thought crowd levels would be OK as Easter will be long past?
Geffers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I'm not going to WDW in 2021. Instead I'm going to Disneyland in California for a few days then I'm going to Aulani in Hawaii for a week. Both are on my bucket list and I thought it'd be nice to tie them in together Then it'll be back to WDW in 2022. I am going to WDW this year though.
This is what I’m considering too.

We’re at wdw 3 times this year so said we’d miss next year and go back 2022 to see all the new stuff.

What I cannot decide on though is whether we do west coast (and maybe Aulani) or still go to Florida and do a cruise with a week at the beach and maybe 4 days in Orlando at either universal or sea world.

We did the west coast with Aulani in 2018 and it was a brilliant trip. I’m just not sure if it’s too soon for us to repeat.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by robrar View Post
Why January though? I'd have thought that was the quietest month, or am I missing something obvious?
I would like to know this too. We are considering Jan 2022 for Festival of the Arts. The 50th celebrations should still be going on, I would have thought.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List