Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Feb 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve spent the past 3 days in bed with a flu like virus. Raging temperature, headache, aching all over, sick. I could barely lift my head off the pillow. I’ve only just managed to get myself in the shower and now feel wiped out for it and am back in bed. Wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I’ve spent the past 3 days in bed with a flu like virus. Raging temperature, headache, aching all over, sick. I could barely lift my head off the pillow. I’ve only just managed to get myself in the shower and now feel wiped out for it and am back in bed. Wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.
Hope you feel better soon MP. I had it earlier in the year - it isnt nice at all.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
I’m very disturbed by posters (on other threads) who say it’s ‘only’ a threat to the young, the old and the immune compromised as if they don’t matter!
I think that you are totally misunderstanding what people are saying... it’s not that these people don’t matter, it’s about keeping a sense of perspective about this. The risk, currently, of getting this is incredibly low, and even if you did, the risk of death is also very low unless you are elderly or have underlying serious health issues.
People are starting to overreact, yes we need to be sensible and follow basic hygiene processes, but this is not (even in China) rampant throughout the country and causing millions of deaths...
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
For what it’s worth,I think OP did the right thing. The rugby on Saturday involving Italy has been put on hold. The OP has an immune compromised child. I’ve had flu and it didn’t come on suddenly, it took about 36 hours, starting with a dry cough and muscle pain. I do hope those who shrug off the risks are taking sensible precautions (hand washing, covering mouth when coughing etc) - we need to be aware and not behave as if it can never happen to us. I’m very disturbed by posters (on other threads) who say it’s ‘only’ a threat to the young, the old and the immune compromised as if they don’t matter!
Thank you 💕
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

As I have already stated the reasons for my concerns and told it was rightly so be the professional on the 111 call
And I have totally agreed that it was more than likely a over reaction but better to be safe than sorry due to my daughters diabetes.
You can now officially stop beating me with the attitude stick
Thanks 👍🏻

And before anyone says I posted on a open forum so I might not like the answers etc etc

I know, I know, I know and I have replied so no need for any more advice 👍🏻
Thanks
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
As I have already stated the reasons for my concerns and told it was rightly so be the professional on the 111 call
They could hardly say anything else though.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

And I have totally agreed that it was more than likely a over reaction but better to be safe than sorry due to my daughters diabetes.
Thanks 👍🏻

And before anyone says I posted on a open forum so I might not like the answers etc etc

Thanks
I really don’t think anyone could accuse a caring parent from overreacting regarding health and well-being being of their children especially when there is so much conflicting medical opinions being published in the press and elsewhere .

I am pleased you did the right thing and call 111. Seems very sensible approach to me
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I think when it comes to our children most of our minds suddenly race and I’m same as you and probably would have done the same.
Always better to be safe than sorry.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Hope you feel better soon MP. I had it earlier in the year - it isnt nice at all.
Thank you. On the plus side, I haven’t eaten for days and can’t face food so I will be a skinny Minnie by the end of the week!😂
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Thanks 👍🏻

Thanks
I would have done exactly the same, and I bet there are loads of other mum's who would have too.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List