Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Feb 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Mobile Manchester

We are taking our ds8 to watch Man City for his bday, travelling by train from the south east to Manchester Piccadilly, have booked the premier inn near the station for the night after the football but can someone tell me if you can walk this area to the etihad and is this near enough to the city centre to have dinner etc after the game? Never been to Manchester so new experience for us!
Tesh11 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

You can get a tram to the ground
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

Piccadilly is in the centre of Manchester, so lots of restaurants and places to eat. You can get the tram from Piccadilly to the Etihad, it takes about 10 minutes.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s too far to walk to the ethiad - I think you can take the tram from Piccadilly. Across from Piccadilly there are a few eateries - it isn’t the nicest area late at night but you’d be ok up to 10ish x

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cherrypie View Post
It’s too far to walk to the ethiad - I think you can take the tram from Piccadilly. Across from Piccadilly there are a few eateries - it isn’t the nicest area late at night but you’d be ok up to 10ish x
Thankyou, would we be better staying in a hotel nearer the etihad for a better area? Although will be in bed by 10!
Tesh11 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

I'd stick to stay in the city centre more post match options
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tesh11 View Post
Thankyou, would we be better staying in a hotel nearer the etihad for a better area? Although will be in bed by 10!
You would be much better staying city centre near Piccadilly station there are lots of places to eat around there or even in the station or you could go over to The Printworks which has lots of places to eat inside and there is the football museum near there
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
naomi
slightly serious Dibber

there aren't many hotels near the etihad and like other have said less than 10 minutes on the tram from the station to the etihad campus. I do disagree and say it is totally walkable in about 20/25 mins but would be so much easier to take the tram. lots of places to eat in the city centre.

If you are after casual dining a new branch of Archies has just opened on the piccadilly station approach, i highly recommend (archies is a Manchester chain, think burgers, shakes and desserts)

naomi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by naomi View Post
there aren't many hotels near the etihad and like other have said less than 10 minutes on the tram from the station to the etihad campus. I do disagree and say it is totally walkable in about 20/25 mins but would be so much easier to take the tram. lots of places to eat in the city centre.

If you are after casual dining a new branch of Archies has just opened on the piccadilly station approach, i highly recommend (archies is a Manchester chain, think burgers, shakes and desserts)
30 minute walk according to google maps .
I remember doing it once with a City mate who I actually met at Piccadilly
Reasonably nice walk along the canal in parts
Tram station is right outside the Etihad but will be mega busy
We got the tram back , but rather than get the tram from the Etihad , we walked one stop further away from the city centre ( can’t remember it’s name ) to have more chance of actually getting on the tram
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
There really isn’t much around the Etihad stadium. I can’t think of anywhere to eat there other than McDonald’s and the cafe in Asda across the road !
Piccadilly station is on the far end of town but with the trams you will have no problems getting around to restaurants and shops etc. The Printworks is near Victoria Station, only a few minutes from Piccadilly on the tram. You can buy a family tram ticket for £9.50 which will cover you for the weekend for a family of 5. ( I think it is for 3 under 15’s) The tram from Piccadilly station will take you straight to the stadium too. It’s not worth walking it especially in winter. It is a fair walk and the area around the Etihad isn’t great.
We went to Hard Rock Cafe in the Printworks a couple of weeks ago (with an Expedia deal !) and I would recommend.

Hope your son has a good birthday and you all have a great time.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List