Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Silver Wedding DDP Binge!

So, we flew over on 24th August. We got to Gatwick (North Terminal) really early so we went to Garfunkels for breakfast. OH had a tuna melt sandwich which he started off liking, but it was made with red onion and he said it gave him heartburn after a while. I had the scrambled eggs on toast with smoked salmon. They got the order wrong (full of black pepper and topped with spring onion, even though I'd specifically ordered it without), but when it came it was delicious.

We flew BA and, because I didn't like the look of either of the meal options we chose Kosher. Sometimes they're a bit hit and miss, but it was actually really nice (lamb tagine with fried rice, roll, pasta salad and lemon pudding). We were also offered a choice of rolls by the cabin crew, and I had a really nice bottle of rose wine with my meal - and it was actually a fair size.

Tea was tuna and sweetcorn sandwiches but because it was full of black pepper and I don't like sweetcorn in a sandwich I ate one of the tuna mayo sandwiches I bought at Boots before we flew.

We had dinner at Contempo, where I had the tuna pita and fries and OH had the pulled BBQ port flatbread. The tuna was served on a bed of shredded lettuce and had two huge slices of tomato. The fries were overcooked to the point of being nothing but crunch. I discovered on our way out that there was a small fixings bar and I could have added more tomato, cucumber and pickles!

I chose a baked lemon (cheesecake?) for dessert and OH had a chocolate/peanut butter concoction - which was absolutely delicious!

And finally, the cashier persuaded me that as we 'bought' refillable mugs we also got an extra dessert or drink - so we took a Mickey Head and Strawberry Lemonade bar to go.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 16, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Great start
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 16, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

Fab start! Love the look of that flatbread 👌
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 16, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

Enjoy your holiday! Looking forward to reading as you go along :-)
pho3nix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 16, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Have fun!
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 16, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Fab start
Floridaagogo is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 16, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Great start. Your BA meal looks ok and sounds better than the normal main courses.
Old 29 Aug 16, 02:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day One : Magic Kingdom.

Started off with breakfast at Be Our Guest. That was a catalogue of disasters! I amended my order on arrival so I didn't have black pepper put on my eggs - and I specifically told him I wanted it hot! He said if it came out cold I could send it back. Well, we waited quite a while for our food, and when it came out, it was stone cold. I told our server and he took the plate and went away - without putting the plate of pastries on the table so I could at least have one or two while I was waiting. It took 2 different CMs before he brought the pastries - and then what I thought may be a supervisor brought a second plate and apologised for the mix-up. When my replacement plate arrived, there was pepper on the egg. The CM immediately said, "Don't worry about it: I'll go and have them make you two fresh eggs on a plate now." When they arrived they were slightly underdone (snotty egg - yuck), but the yolks were at least soft so I spread them on my bread and bacon (which was now cold again). I then realised they'd forgotten to give me my bowl of fruit. Again this was brought to me, and not long after, the CM 'supervisor' came back with two Masters Cupcakes and a voucher for a FP for the trouble. I don't know whether the cupcakes were for our anniversary, but I don't care because they were delicious. As I told her, I wouldn't normally make such a fuss, but I paid for the DDP this time.

OH had the cronut and I had the baguette with poached egg, bacon and brie.

No photo of my sorry breakfast, I'm afraid. Most of the pastries were boxed up to go for us and we had them for tea.

We didn't have lunch, but after we got back to BLT late afternoon, we had a drink and the cakes for tea.

Dinner was at Chef Mickey's. Buffet meals are always difficult to photograph, but we enjoyed what we had, and when we were done our server brought us two Mickey cupcakes, each with a candle, to celebrate our anniversary. We didn't eat them (their birthday cupcakes are inedible!).

As you can see, I had plain rice and pasta, a bit of broccoli, one beef rib, a slice of turkey from the carvery, and the salmon - which was gorgeous. I think I had a second bit of the salmon. I had a few desserts, the nicest of which was the strawberry shortcake. Didn't have many though and I don't see to have a photo of them.

Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 16, 02:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day Two : Epcot

We checked out of BLT and had our luggage sent over to Jambo House. We then loaded my scooter into the car and drove to Epcot, parking quite close to the front in their reserved section (which is just behind the preferred section). Nice that able-bodied people get to park in front of semi-disabled people who can't get a blue badge just by paying $5 extra1

Anyway, we went to Garden Grill for our Harvest Breakfast. This was really nice, but I'm afraid we both tucked in before I remembered to take photos! We had extra bacon - it was gorgeous. Good news - they've taken the biscuits and gravy off the menu. Possibly too many people opted not to have it so they thought why bother!

Tater Tots are addictive, by the way!

Later on we were so hot we decided to get ice creams in the French pavilion. I had white chocolate and toasted coconut - which was divine, and OH had chocolate orange, which was also lovely but it was ruined for me by the addition of candied peel! Tip: when it's 90°F, ice cream melts a lot more slowly than ice lollies!

As you can see, I had mine in a waffle cone, while OH had his in a bowl - he'd already had a scoop off the top before I remembered to take the photo. My scoop looks much bigger than his, but they were both the same size.

After leaving Epcot around 4pm we drove to Jambo House, checked in, got our luggage delivered to our room and then chilled for a little while before going down to Boma for dinner.

Boma was heaving. This was the first time we've had dinner there: DD and I have had breakfast there twice. The queue for the meat and fish was ridiculously long. Once again I had quite simple fare - again, the salmon was delicious. I had a selection of the mini desserts as well. I didn't eat all of them. The orange and almond tart was vile! Apricot and almond, yes. Cherry and almond, a match made in heaven. Orange and almond, a big fat no!

Old 29 Aug 16, 02:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 3 : Hollywood Studios

Breakfast was some rye bread with peanut butter in the studio before heading to HS. We had an ADR at Sci-Fi Diner and paid OOP. We both had the Reuben and diet coke. It was actually a bit disappointing - and the flash on my iPhone camera was playing silly buggers: it's impossible to turn on when I want it on, and when I tried to turn it off later to photograph the Star Wars exhibits behind glass, it wouldn't turn off! So, excuse the quality of the photo: I played with it as much as I could. I couldn't actually see what we were eating, anyway, as there just isn't enough light in there.

Dinner was at 50's Prime Time Diner. We were really looking forward to this, but I think we had the resident 'misery guts' (Anton). He hardly spoke to us, pointedly ignored my 6" anniversary badge, and spent more time sitting on the neighbouring two tables chatting to the guests on there than anything else. When he did talk to us, he was actually bordering on the point of rudeness and I was quite upset at his attitude, especially as the manager had personally greeted us twice and the waitress from the next room along was gushing over my badge and how lovely it was etc.

Anyway, we both had the fried chicken and he'd arranged for me to have a taster of the pot roast on my plate as well. I substituted the garlic mash for fries, but couldn't eat my veg as it was cooked in black pepper and great chunks of garlic - which I can't eat.

OH just had some ice cream as dessert as he was so full, and I had the brownie sundae, which was gorgeous, but again I couldn't eat it all. Again, sorry no photos of dessert. I was past caring by that point and just wanted to get out of there.

Oh, and for the record, the chicken was delicious, and the pot roast was really nice but a bit too garlicy for me. OH ate most of his meat and then picked up the bones and had a good go at them. I ate with a knife and fork - because I was dipping the chicken in the gravy (which was also delicious).