Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 27 Mar 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Solo at DLP March 2019 - Day 1 Part 1

Previous day here: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1121306

I was up soooooo early this morning. Like 4am early as I wanted time to get ready and check out. My flight was around 7am and my parents have instilled in me the fear of not being two hours early for a European flight so up at dawn it was.

I had a gorgeous shower with some hotel toiletries. One was a sea salt and goji berry body wash which smelt amazing and was perfectly refreshing.

I sat and had breakfast whilst I watched the view. Pastry was ok.. just a regular shop bought affair.

I made my way down to check in and it was a relatively breezy process of scanning my boarding pass on my phone, printing a luggage tag and sending my luggage on its way down the self service bag drop.

Security was pleasant with my security officer calling me a ‘Disney princess..’ he actually said ‘come on through Disney princess. I bet I can guess where you’re going...’ I think he could tell due to my Mickey tracksuit but I’m also hoping it’s because I secretly look like Elsa (in my dreams)

I made a quick stop at boots as I needed some indigestion tablets... my pastry for breakfast hadn’t sat right or maybe it was nerves. Not sure but tablets ingested, I was hoping to feel much better. I got a bottle of water and debated plane snacks but since it was only an hour flight and I was already suffering with heartburn I decided against it. I might risk a coffee closer to boarding.

I risked the coffee and took it on board with me. My gate was called shortly after buying it and I don’t waste coffee or Frappuccinos for that matter

I took a couple of pics on my way to the gate.

First time on easyJet and it was packed! Sardines came to mind but I was on an aisle seat so could spread a little - I didn’t think there’d be too many drinks services... I was surprised by how many people had ears on and felt left out as I’d packed mine for fear of looking out of place.

It was a super easy flight and my pilot was Chris who didn’t believe in announcing the descent and just did it - then landed the plane like it was a dropped toy from a grabber. I liked his style! We taxied from near the Eiffel Tower I think and finally we’d arrived! Then we caught a bus... and finally we’d arrived! I was so excited. I hotfooted it through the Terminal, cleared customs and grabbed my bag from the carousel.

It was then time for my RS transport transfer and my driver was amazing! So polite and friendly, taking his time to point out Bay 2 - a retail park 20 mins from Disney by train. He pointed out both H&M and Sephora; I loved his attention to detail. He obviously noted my impeccable dress and on point make up Either that or he thought I looked like a tramp who could use a new foundation I prefer to believe the former

It was a pleasant journey and pulling up to Newport Bay Club was so emotional. It was so gorgeous, and my quick snap of the entrance does not do it justice.

I was met as soon as I entered by such a nice cast member who was directing people to check in desks. He asked how many there was in my party and I told him I was all by myself. He laughed and said ‘oh nooo madam, you are in France, you will never be alone or lonely here - it is a beautiful place to explore. Have a magical stay.’ I thought it was so cute and something I’m sure I heard in the Ratatouille movie

I was quite impressed to be honest. I’ve heard people say DLP doesn’t have as much magic and the cast members were indifferent. I was touched by how warm he was so I thought I was off to a good start.

I got my magic card and was told my room would not be ready until later so I left my luggage and headed out to the parks. I was bursting in excitement! I noticed immediately how detailed everywhere was and how it was like being in the UK in the 80s as there were smokers everywhere. I didn’t mind... it felt very french.

Continued in Part 2...

Edited at 09:09 PM.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
What a warm welcome to France
It must have put you at ease instantly.
That transfer from the airport looks a great way of getting to DLP quicker than the train option.

Looking forward to reading the next bit as your excitement seemed to hit fever pitch on arrival at the Hotel.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
What a warm welcome to France
It must have put you at ease instantly.
That transfer from the airport looks a great way of getting to DLP quicker than the train option.

Looking forward to reading the next bit as your excitement seemed to hit fever pitch on arrival at the Hotel.
Thanks for reading along! Just about to write up part 2.

RS transfers were great and waiting for me in arrivals as soon as I got my luggage. It was a shared transfer but there was only me in a brand new Mercedes people carrier
Old 27 Mar 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like a great travel morning!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Sounds like a great travel morning!
It really was! Everything went so smoothly - I’m loving solo travel so far

Thanks for reading
Old 28 Mar 19, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

This brought a tear to my eye... what a lovely welcome!

We have experienced some lovely cast members in DLP and its definitely taught me not to believe everything I read ;-)

Off to read part 2... loving it so far!
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by kadypants View Post
This brought a tear to my eye... what a lovely welcome!

We have experienced some lovely cast members in DLP and its definitely taught me not to believe everything I read ;-)

Off to read part 2... loving it so far!

It brought a tear to mine too! He was so lovely! I’m fact I haven’t met any indifferent cast members so far! Part 2 is up, just need to get part 3 up
Old 28 Mar 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We are planning our first visit to dlp next year and may stay at Newport Bay, it does look lovely. The cm sounds so nice and welcoming too
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
We are planning our first visit to dlp next year and may stay at Newport Bay, it does look lovely. The cm sounds so nice and welcoming too
Oh it’s so beautiful here! I plan on taking more hotel pictures before I leave so hopefully that will be useful for you.

I used the pool, jacuzzi and steam room today. All indoor so perfect for any weather and that was bliss!
Old 6 Apr 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Love the security staff calling you Disney Princess - so cute!

I would have taken my frappuccino on the plane too - never waste coffee!

What a lovely welcome to Newport Bay, that is real Disney Magic.

Thanks for sharing.

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List