Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 19 Aug 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Is it worth it to see Brad Pitt though? We were hoping to go and see it this week.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

We thought it was awful,one of the worst films I've ever seen and I've seen alot. No story, no plot, agree the dog was the star. Only the last 15 mins where something happened. Usually love Tarantino films but this was really bad. Brad Pitt is a great actor, like DiCaprio too,find it hard to believe so many stars have been involved in such a bad film. I give it 2/10, 1 for the scene with brad with his shirt off and 1 for the last 15mins.
Las Vegas Oct 14/Jul 16/June 17/Sep 18/May 19
USA east-west June 16
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Just goes to show how different we can feel! I thought it was brilliant, loved it and will go to see it again. I had such a feeling of dread in the last 40 minutes, only to be floored by what happens at the end. If only that was the real story!
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I enjoyed the music and the way that Tarantino shot the film but I kept waiting for the storyline to start...and it didn't. I had to shut my eyes too at the gory bits at the end (I am such a wuss! ). I wouldn't say I hated it but its 2hrs 40 of my life that I will never get back.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Mmm I was hoping for a decision made for me here. Dd really wants to watch it but my friend at work went last week and said it was awful!
Dd is saying different people like different things and maybe it’s just not my friends cup of tea - but what if it’s not mine 2 hours and 40 mins I won’t get back!
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

I'm really not a Tarrantino fan at all. Too much unnecessary gore and crazy storylines but the rest of my family love his movies and can't wait to see this one.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

We’ve been to see it today and while it’s not one of Tarantino’s best, we both really enjoyed it.
There was some great performances and the chemistry between Decaprio and Pitt was great.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

I saw it today, and on balance, I really liked it.
The performances were all great, the soundtrack was really good and I loved the nostalgia. I must admit I was waiting for a more linear plot to develop, but in the end, I just enjoyed it being what it was.
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

Definitely a marmite film. I went with my friend to watch it. A Tarantino film... it really was.
We were laughing... a lot at certain parts. Were we the only ones? ... the pool scene had us in stitches. We weren’t sure if we were supposed to find the scenes funny...but we did.
The dog was brilliant too.

Was a little confused about the story line because I forgot about the name of the film... Once Upon A Time

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Not a fan. We went with friends and my wife and I both agreed had we not been with others we'd have left on the hour mark.

I found the whole Sharon Tate aspect distasteful as well.