Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Oct 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Emily90
Excited about Disney

How do babies do in the evening?

Hi, we will be travelling with our daughter who will be 10 months.

Our ADR's are coming up and I'm unsure what time to book evening meals. We have always gone for 7:30pm before but is this too late with a baby?

And what about fireworks? I know baby might sleep in the pram but I was considering whether to book a fireworks cruise, even work extra shifts as a nurse to book the grand 1 yacht as a special wedding anniversary treat - but would this be silly with a baby?! (I'm one of those people where any concept of the value of money disappears when I'm on holiday!) I'm just thinking we might spend all that money and then potentially have a crying baby who is up past her bedtime!

Currently she is in bed every night for 7:30pm but I don't want to be stuck in the room from then every night!

What are your experiences of evenings with a baby? Thank you
Emily90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Only you know what your child is like but you will see loads of parents pushing prams around with babies fast asleep.

Earlier dinners are often easier and then put them in the pram and walk around the parks.

Unfortunately if you have a baby though that is a light sleeper, then you may be room bound a little more.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

We went with a 1 year old and managed to catch the start of fireworks in MK (early Jan) which he was awake for. However he wasn't awake for long. He was also waking us up at 3am for food so we didn't experience much of Disney in the evening.

I am sad to say that I would suggest booking earlier meals and save the money that you would spend on a fireworks cruise to treat your daughter to some cute outfits!
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Kaz007
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

We took our then 7 week old (along with big sisters 6 and 3). We did late nights, fireworks no problem. We did the Pirates and Pals cruise too.

Little man just slept whenever he needed to.
Kaz007 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I took my youngest at 11 months old. We didn't do late nights every night, but she certainly got a kick out of the pirates and pal cruise (not so much the fireworks) and the evening electrical parade (I know it's gone now)... I recall she slept in her buggy through fireworks and other things - I made sure that I took a buggy that collapsed flat and I could pull the 'leg' part up so she had an almost flat bed to sleep on - that helped and meant she was getting a good stretch out, too.
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

With a ten month old baby the best way for your party to see the fireworks will be by cruise.. Baby can sleep if need be but getting away will be so much easier. However I would stress that you will miss the light show on the castle when on the cruise.. having said that we willy be doing it next year with two under 2s as we all think watching them from the boat is by far the best way
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Mobile

Consider getting some ear defenders for your baby. I took my then 6 month old to a 2 day sports event and she happily fell asleep while we were watching, but I did put her ear defenders on to protect her as it was so loud.

However, once she learnt how to take them off no matter how hard I tried she wouldn’t keep them on.
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

We’ve taken the boy at 4months and did the Epcot firework cruise. He was ok didn’t like the life jacket they have to have on. But soon nodded off before the fireworks started. We covered his face with a muslin to stop the ash. And as you can just see we had ear defenders

Again at 8 months he slept happily in MK in his pushchair. Made to take him somewhere quiet to nod off but after that he didn’t stir.

At 12months he was completely different, didn’t want to sleep at all way too much going on. We even sat and watched the fireworks very happily. He nodded off shortly after and was great.

Should also point out he had a good normal routine at home but it kind of goes out the window when away. We were up late most nights and he’d either crash in his pushchair or happily carry on.
My biggest advice is just go with the flow and allow plans to change if needed. You’ll be fine.

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15

Edited at 08:10 PM.
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List