Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jun 17, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Leicesterlass
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

We've just came back from Malta and we used the Aldi Lacura Factor 50. Both the trigger spray and the aerosol spray. They were fantastic. I used factor 50 in tenerife last year and burnt quite badly on my legs and this was applying regularly and not going in the pool and I firmly believe it was using Ambre Solaire which has only 3 star's whereas the Aldi one has 5 printed on the back. To be honest I've never really checked the star system on the back before this year but after choosing a 5 star one this will the second thing I check after the factor.

We're going florida next year and I'm contemplating Ultrasun if I can get a good deal as it gets excellent reviews, if not we will definitely stick with Aldi x
Leicesterlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

My husband burns within a few minutes at about 5pm on a not very hot Summer's day on Anglesey, but he's always used P20 when we go abroad (to Florida 3 times and to the Dominican Republic and to Europe (Cyprus in August = hot hot hot) and he's not burned at all. Even better is you apply it in the morning and don't have to think about lotion the rest of the day!
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Squiggly2902
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Leicesterlass View Post
We've just came back from Malta and we used the Aldi Lacura Factor 50. Both the trigger spray and the aerosol spray. They were fantastic. I used factor 50 in tenerife last year and burnt quite badly on my legs and this was applying regularly and not going in the pool and I firmly believe it was using Ambre Solaire which has only 3 star's whereas the Aldi one has 5 printed on the back. To be honest I've never really checked the star system on the back before this year but after choosing a 5 star one this will the second thing I check after the factor.

We're going florida next year and I'm contemplating Ultrasun if I can get a good deal as it gets excellent reviews, if not we will definitely stick with Aldi x
Ultrasun is often on a QVC today's special value deal and I always stock up then.
Squiggly2902 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Trouble3
Apprentice Imagineer

Trouble3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I swear by Ultrasun Family Formula (I stock up when I find it in TK Maxx). Never needed to re-apply in Kenya, Caribbean or Florida.
Old 12 Jun 17, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
babsie
Dancing with Tink'

ultrasound is the best I use it every year and have never burned

Babsie
babsie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachie76
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Echo what has been said, use a factor 50 or higher. Just a note of caution, the factor is how long you can stay in the sun without burning based on your own personal burn time.
If you can only take 5mins in the sun without cream b4 you start to burn, a F50 will give you about 250mins of protection. No amount of reapplying will extend that time and you will then start to burn.
Rachie76 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi,

I'll be travelling with a burner myself in September.
A friend of mine recommended this - Neutrogena Factor 100
It sprays on as an aerosol in a fine mist, isn't gloopy, is easy to apply and lasts a long time. She used it on a recent holiday and didn't even go pink despite being very fair.

Have a great holiday!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Minion71
Getting Excited

Another personal vote for Ultrasun - i have red hair and fry like bacon - but with Ultrasun I have never burned or even gone vaguely red in the Florida or California sunshine - i use the all day version but become paranoid and do reapply part through the day - especially my face and shoulders - but swear by it
Minion71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Exciteddiva
Getting Excited

My son burns and last year in Walmart we found a factor 100 spray, I think it was Banana boat. Fab stuff, will be getting some more this August.

2014 - Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa, 2016 - Bahama Bay/ HRH, 2017 - Orange Lake & Keys,
2019 - Emerald Island Villa
Exciteddiva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
not2old4disney
slightly serious Dibber

I burn - don't tan at all so I'm either pink or white DS2 is a redhead with fair skin and although he strangely enough does take some colour, he also would burn in the sun. Last month in Orlando we both used the factor 50 P20 - you need to have it on 10-15mins prior to sun exposure and let it dry before putting clothes over the top (or it can stain) but its a really good once a day protector! the only exception was when we went to the waterparks and used the nivea kids waterproof spf 50! I did still end up with some pink bits (shoulders, a little on my face etc) but I did not burn, its just the only colour I go (my dad is the same so i can blame him! )
not2old4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List