Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 21 Sep 17, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrycat
slightly serious Dibber

Authentic Spain?

My lovely dad would like to take us all on holiday for a week in Spain during May half term, he'd love to experience an area that isn't full of English bars!
It's my job to research and book the holiday, there will be 2 seniors,3 adults and 2 children aged 14 and 13, so I'm looking for something to suit all tastes.

Does anyone have any suggestions with regards to areas,possibly accommodation. I've never been to Spain before and have no idea of the best areas.

Thanks
kerrycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

One suggestion, fly to Malaga or Seville and tour Andalusia - Ronda, Seville, Cordoba, Granada there's some lovely places and great history and culture
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ansi41
VIP Dibber

Tossa de Mar on the Costa Brava is lovely. The beach is a bit pebbly so wouldn't suit if you wanted that sort of holiday. There are lovely little streets with loads of shops to wander round and in the evening it really looks beautiful. The castle is a nice place to have a wander if you are able and for those who aren't there is a little train that takes you up. There is a lovely restaurant at the top with views out to sea which is fabulous.
We stopped in the Golden Bahia de Tossa (I think that's it's name ) and I would definitely recommend it. A 10 minute stroll into the centre is just about right, or you can catch the little train which takes you in for about 5 euros.
All in all a lovely place so just google it and you will see what I mean.
ansi41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Another recommendation for Tossa de Mar. I love it and hopefully will be going back next year. We stay at the Golden Mar Menuda which is literally on the beach and would highly recommend.

Tossa is a beautiful resort with lots of cobbled back streets and plenty of places to eat.

Tracey
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

San Sebastien is lovely - in the Basque area of Spain and very Beautiful!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Try Logrono in the Rioja region. So many beautiful villages to visit. Fabulous food. The Tapas bars are excellent. I fell in love with the salted cod. Lots of vineyards and cellars to visit.

It's about an hour and a half's drive from Bilbao airport. Once you get away from the coast you start to see the real Spain.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrycat
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks all off to do some research x
kerrycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Villajoyosa on the Costa Blanca in the old town is very Spanish but very friendly to visitors and has something for everyone
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Rea
Very Serious Dibber

I could wax lyrical about Northern Spain. Santander has some stunning beaches. There's also the Palacio de la Magdalena which was built for the granddaughter of Queen Victoria who became Queen of Spain and her husband Alfonso. Cantabria has some stunning scenery with the Picos de Europa. Asturias and Galicia are also what I look on as 'real Spain' although each area looks on itself an autonomous region. Pais Vasco (Basque country to us) borders Cantabria and France and this is a very diverse area. I agree, Tossa is a very pretty little town, particularly the old town but I think it's more touristy than the North Western areas of Spain.
Old 22 Sep 17, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

how about Nerja (costa del sol) as a base you can the visit Granada, Frigliana, Ronda, Malaga, head inland for the 'real' spain

Nerja is not full of English pubs/roast beef and that. some great beaches for beach days
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List