Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Aug 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytime
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Animal Kingdom Bunkbeds

We’re staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in January and we’re wondering if anyone has ever requested bunk beds then not been given a room wth them?

As this is just a request I’m a little concerned as we have a 16 year old boy and 15 year old girl.

We got them last year during our January stay but this year our trip is slightly early and will no doubt run into the tail end of Christmas (1st Jan).
disneytime is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Not sure exactly when this is happening, but they are taking the bunk beds out of all rooms for next year.
We booked a savannah with bunks but have been told will not be available although that is later in the year. For us it’s not a problem as 2 small boys.
Maybe give Disney a call to check dates
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
disneytime
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thanks. We’ll call them today.

These trips could get really expensive without the bunk bed options.
disneytime is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneytime View Post
Thanks. We’ll call them today.

These trips could get really expensive without the bunk bed options.
I agree if you have diff sex children. We are lucky with 2 small boys (7&4). It was a novelty for them, but no doubt would still fight who was getting which bed lol.
Apparently it’s in the room refurb which starts after the pool is complete
We had a nightmare trying to get the room linked due to this. Waited 15 weeks , too many calls , e mails to find out why 15 weeks had gone by and still not confirmed. That’s how it came to light. Sorted now, 2 queen beds still with savannah view

Edited at 09:33 AM.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
soarintothemax
Getting Excited

We got a call from Disney last week. we had booked Savannah view with bunks because we'll have an 18yr old boy and 15yr old girl. Disney said the inventory team had confirmed the bunk bed room was not going to be available, and offered us two double queen rooms...

Except our son has autism and when we asked if they were connecting, we were told there are no connecting rooms at AKL. We said this was not something we could accept.

So we were offered the Boardwalk inn and although initially this was with a 'probable' but not guaranteed day bed, we have now had that confirmed. No giraffes but super close to Epcot and the studios!

Edited at 09:44 AM.
soarintothemax is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachie76
Proud to wear my Ears

Does anyone know if it’s just the Savannah rooms having the bunks removed or if it’s all the rooms?
Rachie76 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rachie76 View Post
Does anyone know if it’s just the Savannah rooms having the bunks removed or if it’s all the rooms?
All bunk beds throughout whether savannah or not
Old 19 Aug 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Does anybody know why they are doing this? It doesn't matter to me as I am not staying at AKL, but it must put people off staying in site, surely?
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by clochette View Post
Does anybody know why they are doing this? It doesn't matter to me as I am not staying at AKL, but it must put people off staying in site, surely?
All they told us it was part of the new room refurb.
I agree it’s handy for mixed aged or sex children , cutting down the expense, but maybe just to bring in line with other resorts.
Some liked them others didn’t, so it’s straight forward now
Old 20 Aug 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytime
Proud to wear my Ears

We’ve had confirmation from Disney today that they will be removing bunk beds from all rooms. I don’t get the logic of this really.

Bunkbeds may still be available during our stay bud no guarantee. A pull out roll bed can be requested if needed apparently?