Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 19 Sep 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Chessington Garden Centre (next door to World of Adventures) or Wisley Gardens are the 2 best ones I’ve been to.

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by anna68 View Post
Thanks. We are farnborough Hants
Ooh Farnborough, I’m there on Sunday for my daughters football match against Fleet Town 😃

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

We did the one in Hatchlands Park (national trust property, Guildford way) last year. It was nice for the very little ones, just Father Christmas in a room with a tree (the room was a little chilly!). There was a carousel and a xmas trail that you could pay to do. It wouldn't compare well to a more established facility but it was fun for us and we enjoyed the grounds afterwards. It probably wouldn't hold up well to sharp eyes!
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve not got my act together this year and I’m in a similar situation, DS is 10 in November and I’m pretty sure this will be the last year he believes.

We did Chessington Garden Centre last year which was really good value for money. I’ve heard that Painshill Park is good, not sure how early it sell out though.

We’ve also done Penshurst Place and Leeds Castle, both of which were great, but might be a bit of a schlep for you.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by RachaelC View Post
I’ve not got my act together this year and I’m in a similar situation, DS is 10 in November and I’m pretty sure this will be the last year he believes.

We did Chessington Garden Centre last year which was really good value for money. I’ve heard that Painshill Park is good, not sure how early it sell out though.

We’ve also done Penshurst Place and Leeds Castle, both of which were great, but might be a bit of a schlep for you.
It was Painshill Park that we did not Wisley, I’m going mad!
It was lovely and very festive

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 29 Sep 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
It was Painshill Park that we did not Wisley, I’m going mad!
It was lovely and very festive
I've just looked and Painshill goes on sale on Wednesday this week at midday - I think I'll see how I get on with booking it!
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

I booked Hever castle this year. Not been before. It was a mission to book though.
Old 29 Sep 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
I booked Hever castle this year. Not been before. It was a mission to book though.
It's meant to be great there. It's such a lovely venue that I imagine it's really magical at Christmas.