Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Oct 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
craaazyuk
Excited about Disney

Mobile Virgin Reward Flight Availability - August 2020

I’ve been keeping a track of flight availability for August next year for a couple of weeks now. I managed to book my outbound flight fine but I’ve noticed very little availability for the return leg. I’ve just checked again now so I can update my spreadsheet and there is absolutely no availability for MCO to MAN in economy for the whole of August. I’ve been tracking them so I can try and predict when my dates will be released but there seems to be no logic to it and now there is nothing at all! I’ve never booked reward flights before so I’m unsure if this is normal? I do remember looking last August and there seemed to be a lot more available.
craaazyuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

I have seen the same...I'm watching ready for 2021 and have never booked before...we want to fly Sat to Sat but not seen anything for either outbound or inbound yet! Seen a few on other days outbound but as you say things look to have disappeared over the last couple of days.
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Seemed to be quite a few last Week but none now, are you able to stretch to premium as that’s available for 30th only.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

I'm in the same boat, booked outbound but trying to get economy back to Manchester. The new website booking bit is a lot harder to find flights.
I've only got enough miles for economy but may consider spending £450 to buy miles for premium economy.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We’re trying to get back to Gatwick that weekend. There were new flights coming up every day until it got to 28th. Very frustrating
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m looking for my returns too and availability has dropped significantly.

Am thinking I’ll try and book flights back from another airport to the UK and try and move them later.

In January this year there was a lot of reward availability for August, so will check again later in the year/early next
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
craaazyuk
Excited about Disney

Thanks everyone, I was beginning to think it was just me and the new website was not showing them for me, I just cannot believe there is no economy availability for the whole of august. We have to have economy too as we have used a companion ticket with them which we can only use in economy.
Think I just need to try and hold my nerve, easier said than done as I'm sure you all know!
craaazyuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I managed to get reward seats from Atlanta to Heathrow on the 30th August this morning. There was nothing from Orlando or Miami though
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
craaazyuk
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by RachaelC View Post
I managed to get reward seats from Atlanta to Heathrow on the 30th August this morning. There was nothing from Orlando or Miami though
Are you planning to drive down from Atlanta? I'm not sure what we are going to do yet, trying to hold my nerve but starting to panic now about the lack of flights! I'm hoping its just a glitch with the new website they have, I find it so hard to search for anything on it now!
Old 4 Oct 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by craaazyuk View Post
Are you planning to drive down from Atlanta? I'm not sure what we are going to do yet, trying to hold my nerve but starting to panic now about the lack of flights! I'm hoping its just a glitch with the new website they have, I find it so hard to search for anything on it now!
I’m not sure yet, we’ll have a toddler in tow so I think we’ll probably fly. We have friends who live in Altanta so will stay with them for a couple of days. Not part of the original holiday plan, but will be good to see them.

Well, I say that but neither me or DD have outbound flights yet, so the plans may all have to change!