Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Oct 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Kayeshakes
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Buffet advice please!

Hi everyone, we are off to DLP in Jan for the second time. However this time we have half board. We are both veggie but my boyfriend is very fussy and eats like a child, think cheese pizza, plain pasta, no salad, no veg...
Which buffets are the best evening option do you guys think? I’ve watched some videos and I don’t think hunters grill will have anything he will eat, which is a shame as we are staying at Sequoia Lodge.
So far I’m thinking plaza gardens and agrabah but I’d like your opinion if you’ve been recently!
Thanks
Kayeshakes is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post

In that case I would avoid Agrabah. It’s fab, but the food choices don’t sound like they wouldn’t suit. They don’t have any simpler options like pizza, chips etc. It is mainly Eastern inspired flavours.

All the other buffets do have a kids section so you should be ok. If you haven’t already I would recommend searching YouTube for the restaurants as you will usually find someone has gone a video including the food on offer.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Most of the buffets, not Agrabah, have plain pasta in the kids section, they have the sauce separate. They did at Cape Cod, too. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

La Cantina was the most child-oriented buffet we ate in, with lots of sections where each part of the dish was separate, so children could decide if they wanted cheese / sauce, etc. Having said that, Agrabah was the only buffet we’ve been to that didn’t have a good range of simple plain fussy-child-friendly foods.

Plaza Gardens is a good choice, as is Restaurant Des Stars in the Studios. Cape Cod is lovely - lots of seafood, but lots of vegetarian options too, and not too far from your hotel. I’m sure all of the buffets (including Agrabah) have plenty of fresh fruit if he’s not a fan of veg.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Kayeshakes
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Thanks everyone! I should have said he likes falafel etc (so do I!) so we will probably go to Agrabah but Cape Cod and restaurant des stars look great, I never thought of those. We haven’t done half board before, so I’ve only ever eaten at CS places.
Kayeshakes is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Restaurant des Stars has the advantage of never being busy, despite being the only sit-down meal in Studios you don't need to reserve weeks in advance. The decor is the blandest thing ever, but the food choices are fine, particularly the desserts.

La Grange at Billy Bob's is a good option too, though I haven't considered it from a veggie point of view.

I'm sure Hunter's Grill had plain options too when we went. Certainly pizza, soup, bread rolls, meats, cheeses. And freshly made pancakes and waffles with ice cream and chocolate sauce too.

Annette's has a veggie burger which many people like.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List