Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 May 17, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
WDWMAD
slightly serious Dibber

Magic Kingdom Last Two Weeks of August 2017

For some strange reason Disney haven't released the times of Magic Kingdom fireworks and parades etc. for the last two weeks of August. What is even stranger is they have released them for September, if you click on Festival of Fantasy Parades 'Show In My Plans' and select August the last two weeks are greyed out, but September isn't.

This is quite worrying because I can't see any reason for this to be happening? I have contacted Disney and all they are saying is that the times will be available closer to the date?

A bit annoying because we are trying to make plans for our Fastpass selections next month. Anyone have any theories on this?

Edited at 09:32 AM.
WDWMAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
2017dream
Excited about Disney

We are in the same position...
This is our first and probably only time we will go and we will be gutted if there is nothing on ..
Like you say its strange that there on for before and after...
Fingers crossed something will happen soon and put our minds at rest
2017dream is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Rawhide
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm not worried - they know it's a busy time and my gut feel is that they are looking to try something new out.

I'm sure all will become clear, and am working on the basis of similar times to the start of August.
Rawhide is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
WDWMAD
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
I'm not worried - they know it's a busy time and my gut feel is that they are looking to try something new out.

I'm sure all will become clear, and am working on the basis of similar times to the start of August.
Apparently the last two weeks of August are one of the quietest times because US schools go back, which is why I'm worried to be honest. This is the first time we have been in August, we've been twice in May and twice in October so not sure what to expect.
WDWMAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post

After 15/8 its classed as off-peak and its the quietest time of the year. Normally full of Brits but nobody else.

Normally a good time to refurbish rides
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

I suspect a special ticketed event thats not announced yet. It's greyed out in Sept and October for MNSSHP so wondering if something else is happening then. Looks to be unavailable from the 20th for 2 weeks.
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Hodders
Very Serious Dibber

Touring plans I think has the times of the fireworks and parade up. I wonder if they are just guessing.

I honestly can't see them not having anything on. We went in Aug 2015 for the last 2 weeks and it certainly wasn't quiet.
Hodders is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

We went the equivalent weeks last year and will be there this year in the same weeks and everything was on last year. Excited we might be able to do MNSSHP!
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
Excited we might be able to do MNSSHP!
Thought I saw it advertised for Aug 25th.
Bayshore is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bayshore View Post
Thought I saw it advertised for Aug 25th.
That's my plan 😃
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List