Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 13 Sep 17, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ducati211
Trainee Dibber

Canaries? (which one)

I am considering one of the canaries or Greece next year for our summer holiday. I was wondering which Island people prefer? Have 2 active sons age 12 and 10 so looking for lots of activities but dont know where to start.
ducati211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Went to Fuertevetura once in the CI.

Failed to factor in the cockroaches, perhaps we were unlucky.

Would not return in a hurry.

Disney332
Old 13 Sep 17, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We always enjoy Tenerife, plenty to do in the Costa Adeje or Las Americas resorts. Siam Park water park, jeep safari, Teide Mountain Trip plus Loro Jungle Park is supposed to be a good day out as well. Weather always great, plenty of good restaurants and the flight not too long.
Old 13 Sep 17, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Tenerife - depends on hotel/resort etc but you also have MOunt Tiede , Siam Water Park & Loro Park (think budget seaworld) as options for days away from the beach/pool

Lanzarote - much quieter imo but still plenty going on, trip up the timanfaya volcano & lots of sports

Only 2 canaries i have visited
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We have just booked Tenerife for next Easter. We have been both there and Lanzarote before, and like them both so it was a difficult decision. We decided on Tenerife in the end as the first time we went it was December and we had a bit more rain than we would have liked, so we wanted to see it in the sunshine (hopefully).

Both of these islands have plenty to do, and have nice beaches. We did consider Fuerteventura for Easter too, but apart from beaches there didn't seem to be much there for a day or two away from sunbathing which we enjoy.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
kess
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We have been to Tenerife, lanzarote and Gran Canaria and would rate them in that order...
Old 13 Sep 17, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We've been to Gran Canaria and Tenerife. Preferred Tenerife but for me Greece wins hands down. Loved Rhodes and in particular the Matina in Pefkos. Brilliant with children. Love the food sunsets people beaches, never had a bad Greek holiday. Been to Kos Corfu Rhodes Parga Zakynthos. My dream holiday is to Greek island hop. My kids call me Shirley Valentine 😂

Edited at 07:02 PM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ducati211
Trainee Dibber

Thank you everyone plenty to go on, I have been looking at AI with first choice and thompson but a lot of reviews on trip advisor not great so may be best to book all separate myself
ducati211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ducati211 View Post
Thank you everyone plenty to go on, I have been looking at AI with first choice and thompson but a lot of reviews on trip advisor not great so may be best to book all separate myself
We have booked half board as we prefer it with Jet2 for Tenerife. Seemed to have a lot of choice and the hotels we looked at had very good reviews on Tripadvisor too. May be worth checking those out?
We have booked Paradise Park Hotel 4* in Los Cristianos.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
pixiep
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
We went to Costa Adeje (Tenerife) for the first time this July, and had fantastic holiday. Booked with Jet2 as their seat pitch is better than most other short haul airlines plus you get your baggage included. Apart from Florida this was one of the best holidays we've had. We did a 3.5hr off road buggy tour and it was amazing.

Happy planning x

*2023 Eagle pointe *2019 Bella Vida* 2018 Emerald Isle FL * 2016 Indian Point FL * 2014 Dibb Villa Lindfields * 2012 Bentley Oaks FL * 2011 Calabay Park @Tower lakes FL * 2008 Crescent Lakes FL * 1992 DLP *
pixiep is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List