Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Sep 18, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
tinksmum
slightly serious Dibber

tinksmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So miserable!

I think only other ‘planners’ will understand my misery here, a week ago I was woken by a car alarm, thinking it was ours I jumped out of bed, found it wasn’t so went back to sleep, woke up a couple of times thinking my arm felt funny and when finally getting up for work, got out of bed and honestly thought I was going to pass out! I have never had pain like it in the top of my back and down my arm, suffered all the weekend, not sleeping in bed and not sleeping on the sofa upright for more than an hour, finally it was so bad was taken to hospital on Monday where they advised I had a pinched nerve, and here I am over a week later since in exactly the same position still in as much pain, with numb fingers and thoroughly miserable, not slept in my bed for over a week, actually crying like a baby, waiting for scan, the reason for my worry and misery, due to go on 1/10,sorry for being such a misery, I can see my holiday slipping away from me... and even if we do go, definitely won’t be looking at rides!
Old 8 Sep 18, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Oh dear poor you, I hope you get better before your trip x
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 18, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

Please don’t worry. DH had a similar thing last year when he pinched the nerve when he slipped and broke his fall. It was horrible and painkillers didn’t touch it, but it righted itself in a couple of weeks, went off as quickly as it came on and he’s had no trouble at all since. It may well be absolutely fine for your holiday.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 18, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

That is agony.

Jammed a nerve in my neck reading the paper. The news has hidden dangers!

Two weeks of agony and crying it began to ease, week later I was fine.

Suffice to say I gave up reading newspapers.

I hope you begin to feel better soon. x

Edited at 06:31 PM.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 18, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Had this last year on holiday and it was miserable. Physio sorted it when I got home - working it and traction. Three weeks with a good physio - while probably wont fully fix it - will make a massive diffrence to the point where you will fully enjoy your time away.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 18, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tinksmum
slightly serious Dibber

tinksmum's Reviews
Thank you,all, I actually believed I was going mad, 4.30am in the morning is the loneliest time when your crying to yourself, not one fast pass done, am actually so sick of myself but have taken comfort to know that it is not unusual to last a while, I have honestly never taken so many ‘drugs’ in my life that have not even taken the edge off it, but certainly gave me a ‘funny tummy’ thanks again xx
Old 8 Sep 18, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
tinksmum
slightly serious Dibber

tinksmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by vowels View Post
That is agony.

Jammed a nerve in my neck reading the paper. The news has hidden dangers!

Two weeks of agony and crying it began to ease, week later I was fine.

Suffice to say I gave up reading newspapers.

I hope you begin to feel better soon. x
Definitely a ‘bad news day’!
Old 8 Sep 18, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
DH did this last month just getting up out of a low seat in Caffe Nero! Lasted about 3 weeks but he's more or less back to normal now - hope you recover quickly.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 18, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
KSB8989
Getting Excited

Woke up like this on the last day of Honeymoon a couple of years ago. It was agony! Then had a 9 hour flight the next day. Took a couple of weeks to get better. Fingers crossed you are all better soon xx
KSB8989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 18, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

No experience of this myself but it sounds like your have time on your side . Hopefully in another week it will have sorted itself out
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List