Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Jun 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Neil & Stella
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Shark death in the Bahamas

bbc/news/newsbeat-48784745

Sad for the girl and her family, but it does make you wonder, why are they begging for GoFundMe money to pay for her funeral and repatriation? Don't Americans have travel insurance?
Old 27 Jun 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I don’t think they do routinely get travel insurance like we do here.

I see a lot of Americans asking whether they should bother on other groups etc I use.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I do get frustrated with these things. If you cant be bothered to fork out little extra money for travel insurance then you shouldnt go on holiday.
There is absolutely no way I would ever donate to any go fund me page like this

Edited to say that I obviously feel sad for the family and the loss

Edited at 06:25 PM.
lizzie145 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I read this earlier. Awful tragedy and the Parents were present as well. Doesn't bear thinking about. So young as well.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Americans are not big on travel insurance to the Bahamas. They don't need passports for it and treat it as being at home.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Mobile

The stuff of nightmares for every parent :-(
How truly awful for them and the poor girl...
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

How terrible, bonny girl as well. How do you cope after witnessing the death of your child in such an awful way ? Terribly sad.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

When I went to Vegas, the friend I went with was American. When I asked her about travel insurance, she said for medical then she'd just need to look for a doctor that accepted her insurance provider, and for everything else, well, it's just one of those things.

How many of us would get insurance for a trip to London, though?

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mo&Chris View Post

/Mo
Me and probably lots more thro the Bank Card many have . But not stand alone. ... accident NHS deal with it,... theft, my home contents insurance deals with it as back up to the bank card.

Edited at 11:27 PM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mo&Chris View Post
When I went to Vegas, the friend I went with was American. When I asked her about travel insurance, she said for medical then she'd just need to look for a doctor that accepted her insurance provider, and for everything else, well, it's just one of those things.

/Mo
If you have an annual policy you’re covered (we do). Lesson learnt after having to have my great uncles body flown home to Scotland after dying doing Lands End to John O’Groats.

It wouldn’t be the medical I was worried about - I understand they have medical insurance, but it would be the cancellations/faults of the airline/company etc that I’d want protection from.

It surprises me most when I see Americans talking about going on holiday outside of America and still not getting travel insurance.

Such an awful thing to happen to that young girl, I am definitely scared of what could be in the sea! Awful that her family would have seen it happen as well .
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List