Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Sep 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
TheSollys
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi,

My wife & I are flying on 15th September returning the 29th September.

Hopefully from Manchester, but will go from Gatwick if price difference makes it worth while.

Just want direct, EC & hoping to get flights, luggage & seats picked for £400 each.

Never done DIY before, so haven't got a clue if this is achievable & not sure how brave I should be in waiting for that price.

Edited at 10:54 AM.
TheSollys is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Wilki
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

I’ve been looking at similar dates in June just to try and get an idea. Thinking behind it is the kids are in school and looks like similar crowd levels. Prices have been pretty favourable so far from Gatwick
Wilki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Jankz33
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by TheSollys View Post
Hi,

My wife & I are flying on 15th September returning the 29th September.

Hopefully from Manchester, but will go from Gatwick if price difference makes it worth while.

Just want direct, EC & hoping to get flights, luggage & seats picked for £400 each.

Never done DIY before, so haven't got a clue if this is achievable & not sure how brave I should be in waiting for that price.
We are also flying out 15th but coming back slightly earlier. First time diy for us too. Good luck!
Jankz33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Jankz33
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Wilki View Post
I’ve been looking at similar dates in June just to try and get an idea. Thinking behind it is the kids are in school and looks like similar crowd levels. Prices have been pretty favourable so far from Gatwick
We went June 30th this year. Got a good price with BA from Gatwick. Good luck!

Edit: Even though kids in school plane was full each way. Lots of kids taken out.

Edited at 11:11 AM.
Jankz33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

We had our flights booked with TC too.

There's 12 of us, and looking at flying MAN-MCO on 26/9 returning 12/10. Universal/Disney hotels and tickets all booked separately.

Our TC flights were around £550 each, inc luggage and seat selection. I've looked at Virgin fly-drive prices, and they're ridiculous. Almost £1000pp. For September! TUI don't really have dates to match up, and only allow 7-14-21 night stays (we've booked for 16 nights), but are still nearing £800pp around that time.

From where we live, Gatwick is an extra 5 hour drive, on top of the 2+ hour drive to Manchester, so it'd need to be a huge saving for us to consider switching.

Unfortunately, most of our group won't consider indirect, so I've got my work cut out for me to get decent flights
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Ladleboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Another September 2020 Dibber here!

Looking to be over there for mine and DW's birthdays (17th and 25th) so dates are quite flexible ATM. Four of us including 2 x DS (21 and 18). We are in Devon so London only really for us.

£400pp would be lovely! Happy to do indirect for more savings.

Please update this thread if/when you book so that I can see prices.

Ta

Shaun

Edited at 11:29 AM.
Ladleboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PeachyLemons View Post
I’m going Sept 2020. I tracked prices last year and the two weeks over Christmas there was some really good deals for Sept 2019.

As the flights start to become available over the next few weeks/month, i’ll start tracking and as soon as I see a good price i’ll book. I’m hoping for less that £400pp
Another September 2020 dibber- we plan to fly on the 8th and back around the 26th!
We are the same ! Decide a price you’re happy with keep tracking the flights and book when that comes up!

Edited at 11:39 AM.
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
TheSollys
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Jankz33 View Post
We are also flying out 15th but coming back slightly earlier. First time diy for us too. Good luck!
And you. If I find something I'm comfortable with I'll post the details.
TheSollys is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Ladleboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Just had a look on TUI. 16-30 Sept coming in at £700 each, plus seats and luggage!

Just remembered, last time we went I booked on Xmas Day. Got a really good deal.

I'm in no rush to book. I bet we could get flights for this Sept if we tried...

Shaun
Ladleboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Jankz33
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Our holiday this year was a last min plan and we booked 88 days out and got a fantastic price with BA. With hotel booked already don’t have the nerve to leave it that late for next year!