Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Oct 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile Three weeks to go and this happens!

So as the title suggests- three weeks on Saturday we should fly to Orlando. I was given the all clear following a year of treatment/surgery for breast cancer. My husband was poorly Tuesday vomiting- then abdomen pain. Drove him to A&E - in the early hours, appendicitis, in hospital having had surgery this morning! Now worried re the holiday after a year of hell!
Old 3 Oct 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

3 weeks is plenty of time for a good recovery. It may not be the holiday you planned as he wont be able to ride certain rides, and will need to take it easy but its not the end of the holiday!
As per insurance company, I nearly had gall bladder op a few weeks before a holiday, it stated they will insure you as long as you had it at least 5 days before. But of course each company is different, but 3 weeks should be fine
Hopefully you get the very well deserved holiday you planned xx

Edited at 09:25 PM.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Twinklestar1 View Post
So as the title suggests- three weeks on Saturday we should fly to Orlando. I was given the all clear following a year of treatment/surgery for breast cancer. My husband was poorly Tuesday vomiting- then abdomen pain. Drove him to A&E - in the early hours, appendicitis, in hospital having had surgery this morning! Now worried re the holiday after a year of hell!
Oh no. I know nothing of these things if he’s had his surgery have they given you any indication if he is likely to be fit to travel?
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

If he had keyhole surgery and it's all gone smoothly then he's likely to be fine.

My DH had appendicitis, but when they operated they discovered it had burst and it was all kinds of disgusting, but we were fine to go on holiday 6 weeks later. I know it was a bit longer, but he would probably have been fine a couple of weeks sooner and he'd spent a week in hospital afterwards as it was in such a bad state.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I had mine done with keyhole surgery and was fine after couple of weeks. As long as it goes well he should be able to go. Hope you have a well deserved holiday and have a fabulous time.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I was doing the gardening days after mine... Pretty sure I was perfectly fine three weeks later. Don’t worry
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Oh no hope his surgery goes well & has a good recovery, take it easy in Orlando 🇺🇸❤️
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Hopefully plenty of time to recover ... and better now than in Orlando or worse in flight x
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Sod’s law! As others have said it is highly likely he will be fine to travel. Best wishes.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Fingers crossed for speedy recovery.

Colleague had this a few weeks ago and was back in work after 2 weeks so hopefully ok.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List